Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

How many of you mourn the characters you create but then don't get to play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippit Guud View Post
I didn't get into a Dwarf Fortress game with a dwarf druid yesterday, and three people who weren't dwarves got in. Donations can be made to the "Wippit Used a Core Race for Once but Didn't Get Accepted" Foundation in lieu of flowers.

One of the few characters I've been really vested in lately.
My condolences.

I newer mourn characters I did not get to play. I mourn those that I got to play briefly. There is nothing worse than joining a game that lasts just long enough for you to really get to the meat of your character and than have it fail. Not only does it effectively leave the character orphaned but it also creates a huge and often insurmountable problem for him in the future.

Simply put, a character unplayed is one you can tweak and apply with to other places. But a character that's been in a game, even briefly has undergone plot and character development. And that's not something you can just take back or easily remold.

There are ways to DM multiple games within a game. I like to take as many completed applications as possible. I will be starting a DnD 5E campaign in a little bit.

Quote:
I never mourn characters I did not get to play. I mourn those that I got to play briefly.
I have one of those now. All "scaleykind" game where I'm playing a wyvern. One of my favorite characters to roleplay in some time... DM disappeared a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippit Guud View Post
I didn't get into a Dwarf Fortress game with a dwarf druid yesterday, and three people who weren't dwarves got in. Donations can be made to the "Wippit Used a Core Race for Once but Didn't Get Accepted" Foundation in lieu of flowers.

One of the few characters I've been really vested in lately.

LOL, something just isnt right about that!