Dragon Warriors RPG

Old Jan 26 '19, 10:57pm
Wyrm

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Dragon Warriors RPG

Selamat Datang Sampai Mati - Forum
Miscellaneous

Game Description:

A Dragon Warriors RPG game set in The Thousand Islands.

Dont know Dragon Warriors? Then grab the core book here for whatever you want to pay or nothing...but a little bit would be nice.

The setting of The Thousand Islands is the SE Asia of the world of Legend so think Malaysia, Indonesia etc.

There will be a few differences, mainly to equipment and flavour, from the Professions in the core book but we can sort through those during prep.

Background

The young king of Pulau Kutam, Dharmmodayana Warmadewa, has a problem....a problem he'd rather no one else know about....especially his wife. His queen, Mahendradatta, has travelled home to her fathers island the seat of the great and golden Garudan Empire but she will be returning shortly. Their young son, Airlangga, has gone missing and both of the courts Balian ( Healers*) have disappeared.

The king has sent out quiet word through trusted messengers for people that can assist and assist with utter discretion.

Are you up to the task?

* The court had both a Balian Taksu (who draws power from nature or spirits and creates medicine from holy water, flowers and plants) and a Balian Ketakson ( who summons and petitions spirits to either remove or fight illness).

Last edited by Damian May; Jan 26 '19 at 10:57pm..
No previous experience with the system necessary, its pretty simple anyway.

All PCs will be local to the general region ( so mostly Malay but including Melanesian, Tai, Hmong etc.) or at most Khitaian ( ' East Asian excepting Japan, Korea and Mongolia' ) or Minji ( ' South Asian').

The background tables represent the standard Dragon Warriors quasi-european environment but use them anyway and we'll adjust to fit.

Because wearing metal armour is generally a heat-stroke death sentence we'll do some swaps and give extra Skills to make up for the loss of AF for those that use it in standard DW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian May View Post
A Dragon Warriors RPG game set in The Thousand Islands.
I have been to The Thousand Islands, I must say it's beautiful! My Dad's from there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadewe View Post
I have been to The Thousand Islands, I must say it's beautiful! My Dad's from there!
Ah! Its based more on these ones. But the Canadian ones look awesome as well.

Any interest in joining the game?

The setting makes that really tempting... Plus, I like your style.

How often would you expect us to post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsenRG View Post
The setting makes that really tempting... Plus, I like your style.

How often would you expect us to post?
I can post daily but I'd be happy with 3-4 times a week for players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja0200 View Post
drive thru rpg is temporarily down
Ah...I forgot they were doing server migration this week...will only be a few hours apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian May View Post
Ah...I forgot they were doing server migration this week...will only be a few hours apparently.
Its back.