T1 - The Village of Hommlet

Old Nov 30 '18, 6:35am
Feel the Sting!

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
T1 - The Village of Hommlet

Trouble in Hommlet - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons (AD&D) and clones - Greyhawk

Adventure: Classic module T1 - The Village of Hommlet
For this I will be using the stand alone module T1. This is not the super module, no Temple of Elemental Evil. The premise of the module will stay intact but there will be sufficient modifications to make the adventure interesting even if you have been through it a dozen times.

System: Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition
Level: 1st
World: Greyhawk
Year: 579 CY
Posting Rate: 2 per week minimum. I will probably not post more than once per day even if everyone is in.
# of Players: ??? I don't know yet.
The ad will close in three weeks or once we go three or four days with no interest.

List of House Rules
Dice Rolling Thread

Applying:
1. Go to the Dice Rolling Thread
2. Roll dice for attributes, hit points and gold in one post.
3. Fill out an AD&D character sheet.
4. In the description area of your character sheet include a physical description and a brief background that ties your character to the central Flanaess, remember you are first level and have done nothing of note so a paragraph should suffice.
5. I prefer a well written physical description with no picture, but if you have a picture you absolutely have to use put it in the character portrait area of your sheet not in your post.
6. In the same post you rolled stats, type your character's name and link it to the character sheet.
7. Do not provide any additional formatting or information outside of your character sheet.

Game Description:

Hommlet, a quiet little village in the Kron Hills, has sent out the call for young adventurers. Last fall their two great heroes Rufus and Burne received a mysterious visitor. They set out the next morning to the south with most of their retinue. No word was heard all winter long and then two months ago with the thawing snow Burne returned with a handful of men. The mage went straight to his tower without talking to anyone and has been shut up inside since. The men have all been tight lipped about what happened but the rumor is that task was near impossible. Burne's power was depleted and Rufus is no more.

A dark and menacing evil has been about the lands near Hommlet since that vile temple was first built. Its destruction brought but a hint of light to the Kron Hills but as the old Suel saying goes, "Once evil sets its gaze upon you it is not easy to cleanse your soul." Sinister elements are drawn to the region as if pulled by a magnet. With Rufus absent and Burne locked away bandits have begun raiding the roads into Hommlet and a darkness has set about the citizens who now fear that without their heroes greater evils are en route.

So with this the troubled village of Hommlet has sent out a call throughout the region for the young and brave to take up sword and spell in the defense of the peaceful villagers.

Last edited by Black Wyvern; Nov 30 '18 at 6:36am..
Application Status - for those with linked sheets
SmokeyGB Sly Salvo Half-Elf Ftr/Thf - Done
SD Houston - Brother Corvin Gray - WIP
KnightsFallToo - Jonas - HE F/M/T - Done
canjowolf - Lester McSmeg Human Magic-User - Need spell rolls, saves, Complete enough for selection.
corvus37 - Hrothgar Half-Orc Thief - Done
Southernskies - Rayford the Phantom Human Monk - Need description, profs, saves, gear.
tlow - Fulgar Stonefoot Dwarf Fighter - Done
Excior - Mordock Half-Orc Fighter - Done enough
Cirlot - Tephra Asherah-Senh Human Illusionist - Done
Blick - Eric Half-Elf Clc/Rng - Done
Guitarist - Lander Half-Elf Ftr - Done - Pre-Accepted
severalservals - Berrrian Half-Elf Druid - Done

At this point we have 12 players with sheets. All but @SD Houston are complete enough for consideration. There may be a bit of tweaking later on.

Looks like you have a good crew lined up for consideration. As for myself, I'm going to graciously bow out as my time seems tied up at the moment and I don't want to that to interfere with your final decisions. Good luck on the game though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
Application Status - for those with linked sheets
SmokeyGB Sly Salvo Half-Elf Ftr/Thf - Done
SD Houston - Brother Corvin Gray - WIP
KnightsFallToo - Jonas - HE F/M/T - Done
canjowolf - Lester McSmeg Human Magic-User - Need spell rolls, saves, Complete enough for selection.
corvus37 - Hrothgar Half-Orc Thief - Done
Southernskies - Rayford the Phantom Human Monk - Need description, profs, saves, gear.
tlow - Fulgar Stonefoot Dwarf Fighter - Done
Excior - Mordock Half-Orc Fighter - Done enough
Cirlot - Tephra Asherah-Senh Human Illusionist - Done
Blick - Eric Half-Elf Clc/Rng - Done
Guitarist - Lander Half-Elf Ftr - Done - Pre-Accepted
severalservals - Berrrian Half-Elf Druid - Done

At this point we have 12 players with sheets. All but @SD Houston are complete enough for consideration. There may be a bit of tweaking later on.
message me what else I am missing?

@Excior - Saves, movement, physical properties, all fiddly stuff.

@tlow - Nope not yet. I am waiting to see what we have for apps on Sunday. I was thinking 8 to 10 to start but I am don't want to cut just one or two, attrition will take care of that many pretty quickly. But on the other hand if I have 14 apps on Sunday I can't take that many, so we wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
@Excior - Saves, movement, physical properties, all fiddly stuff.

@tlow -
I put his physical discription down in the box that says description

as for saves I will need to locate the DMG for that .

Movment is kinda sketcy for me I really do not know where to find that out.

Physical properties: height, weight, sex, age, hair, eye and skin color.