Chapter 7b - Righting the Ship

Appearance

6'2" Half Orc with yellow eyes and coarse brown hair.

A hulking brute you would expect bred for war with a large muscled frame and scars that hint of a violent past. Zeek's armor is a dull adamantine banded armor with a large dark baneite cloak over his shoulders. Encased in admantium up to his battle gauntlets and down to the hardy leather boots he wears. His Greatsword is old from the well worn hilt and dark petina within it's engravings, the metal too is undoubtedly adamantium as it's dull sheen matches his armor and a single blood red crystal resides in the center of the base of the blade.

Zeek bears no insignia or markings of allegiance upon his armor, it is plain and not overly polished leaving the appearance of many battle scratches across it's surface. For those who are familiar, Zeek's battledress could easily pass for one belonging to the Black Army.... minus any markings of the Zhentarim.

ZEEK

Zeek did not seem perturbed as the man looked to his weapons above his mantle, he often had that effect on those viewing him for the first time... the Kensai was also not suprised that no further action was taken. Whether is was because of the realisation many wise adversaries held that crossing weapons with Zeek required planning or that this man was a genuine ally was yet to be determined.

The broad toothy grin disappeared however as the one known as Magnir's features changed to a more hawkish new identity. A scowl quickly followed as Zeek felt a need to speak a stark contrast to the charismatic greeting he was addressed with... dropping his friendly initial reaction to one of distrust.

[Chondathan] "What ARE you, some kind of Wizard ?" Zeeks asks instinctively tightening his grip upon his greatsword in annoyance. He thought this guy may just be ok, but now he went and did something... weird.

Willow Ardent
Willow's dangerous look suddenly transforms into pure joy and her smile, so different from her normal serious demeanor turns her beautiful, "Magnus!" She leaps upon him, grappling him, and then... seems to be repeatedly kissing him on the face!

Magnir Hrotthson
Magnirs hands stay up as he looks to the large half-orc whom asked if he was a Wizard, and looked far more ready for a fight. "I am many things, Ser. Poet, Warrior, Musician, Writer, Gambler, Thief, Spy. Wizard, I am not. I have some skill with the arcane castings of their ilk, but I am far from them in every aspect." Magnir says with a big smile, nodding his head, seeming relaxed about the whole ordeal really.

Turning his head back, he only has a second as he hears "Magnus!" and the wry looking woman hops on him, grappling him and kissing him all over the face. Magnirs eyes take in the face of the woman finally and a smile crosses his face, full of mirth. "It is good to see you Willow!" putting his arms around her tightly at this point. "Of all the strings in the world, I struck one that lead me back to you! Haha! My luck won out for once."

Willow Ardent
Willow smiles, looking into the bard's eyes, "Were I still a godly worshipper, I would praise Trithereon's mercy, that aside, I will gladly worship your luck for bringing you back to me!" The wizars kisses him one time more, this time, full on the lips and for a time, apparently feasting on them.

Appearance

6'2" Half Orc with yellow eyes and coarse brown hair.

A hulking brute you would expect bred for war with a large muscled frame and scars that hint of a violent past. Zeek's armor is a dull adamantine banded armor with a large dark baneite cloak over his shoulders. Encased in admantium up to his battle gauntlets and down to the hardy leather boots he wears. His Greatsword is old from the well worn hilt and dark petina within it's engravings, the metal too is undoubtedly adamantium as it's dull sheen matches his armor and a single blood red crystal resides in the center of the base of the blade.

Zeek bears no insignia or markings of allegiance upon his armor, it is plain and not overly polished leaving the appearance of many battle scratches across it's surface. For those who are familiar, Zeek's battledress could easily pass for one belonging to the Black Army.... minus any markings of the Zhentarim.

ZEEK

Zeek's demeanor softened as he considers the response from Magnir and the two lovers embrace and kisses ensue.
The half orc's eyebrow raises quizzically at Willow's response as he turns to consider the other members of the group in case some explanation is forthcoming.

where is that ram horned wizard... Zeek thinks instinctively.

"If you two are quite done...?" Meredith interjects. She is witnessing some sort of happy reunion, no doubt, but has little wish to see such lurid displays of affection - especially whilst still a little disorientated after the teleportation. "Are you to be joining us in our endeavours, Master... Hrothson, was it? Or do you simply keep the building in order?"

Lady Cordelia Brightheart

With a raise of the eyebrow, Cordi can't help but find herself agreeing with Meredith, "As charming as this reunion is," Lady Cordelia Brightheart, the picture of regality, intones, "If we could turn our focus back to the task at hand? I would like to know where we are, and why we are in this... quaint home."

Character Block
Rage used
Rage: 1/2
Essentia Invested
Essentia: 5/5
Totems
Totems (Bound): Girallon Arms (Totem Bound), Totem Avatar, Urskan Greaves (Feet Bound), Wormtail Belt

Meredith glances at the other woman appreciatively.

"Quite right," she agrees. She turns to look questioningly at Ara. "We've taken our time getting here, but I imagine that "here" must be close to our goal? What course of action do you have planned?"

Guys, I am going to go ahead and drop this game. I do hope it can continue and resume the greatness that it can be.
sorry

Garak watched as the others walked into the teleport portal at Gillaume's shop. As they each proceeded forward towards the next stop in their mission, the tiefling became more and more resolute in his decision to remain behind. All the others with whom he had started this mission were lost, dead, or otherwise occupied. It felt appropriate for him to allow others to continue forward.

Besides, the assassin found that he worked better alone, and there were plenty of other means by which he could gain power and wealth.

With a nod, Garak indicated to Gillaume that the spell could be terminated. He gave the green robed mage a sly smile that let the other know he would be interested in staying around for a while if the gold was good.

Perhaps at some other time, he could rejoin the efforts of the Order. Until then, Garak was satisfied to write a few chapters in his life journey all on his own.

As the last of the group steps forward, the Portal begins closing behind them, revealing the shapes of Garak and Lucifer left behind, the rogue and necromancer glancing at each other in grim recognition before watching the magical circle shrink to nothingness...

"It is indeed close to our goal," Ara replies, and nods appreciatively towards Magnir. "Your friend has maintained a watch over this safe-house until our arrival, and done a fine job of it."
"We had actually considered the house just beside this one, but following Sir Hrotthson's advice we moved to this one. When the nearby abode was struck by an unexpected sinkhole in its basement, his words were proven wise,"
she adds, smiling as she shook her head in reminiscient surprise.

"Regardless, our position here is near enough to the Bane sect's main headquarters to allow a rapid direct assault, if necessary, but also far enough that we can conduct any operation we need at a good enough distance to not draw attention."
"There are some in the Order that would send you in on the morrow, or even sooner if they had their wish, but they lack the votes and cannot force the issue, thus we have a bit of time before we make our move,"
Ara states, looking the group up and down.

"Unless, that is, you would all throw yourselves at this threat blindly..."
she adds with a frown, but the perceptive among you might notice a flicker of excitement in her eye.