Warhammer 40K - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Warhammer 40K

My friends and I are long time players of Warhammer Fantasy and have moved on to 9th age after.. you know..

Anyway, we recently started playing 40k as well, and I'm having a blast! I'm playing the Drukhari and I've collected quite a bit of them. Now I just need to pick a color scheme and start painting..............

I think 40k is a teenagers game.
You need a lot of free time to make, paint, and actually play.
I have several friends who all like 40k, but nobody is willing to spend 4 hours to play a game. There are just too many other, frankly better, things you could spend doing.

When I was in my teens I would play 2 games every day during the summer holidays, work in the evenings and paint at some point in between. And still have time to play 100+ hour RPGs, play D&D and watch DBZ!!

To be honest a combination of Apocalypse games and the quickening pace of releases meant that my interest was lost. Annoying, half way through building a storm raven! So one day I hope to crack open the box and finish the build, if only so it is done!

I have some metal Dark elf knights in box still sealed in plastic from whenever they were released, I think there has been 2 subsequent releases of dark elf knights.. and I don't even play warhammer fantasy (despite having a small de force)

I used to play. Got started back in '06 with 4th Ed. Sadly, after one army getting stolen and another lost during a move, and yet the last one getting destroyed in house fire, I don't have a huge interest in starting another army for the umpteenth time.

Well, that's not true. I do have interest, I just don't wanna drop the few hundred to have them wind up gone. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Clamantis View Post
No, two years would be the models that are no longer viable. The ones that don't have any rules are ~10 years old.
Not true I have some models like 6 years old that dont have rules anymore, mostly because my faction got absolutely gutted going into 8th edition and is trash-tier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjikuchiki1 View Post
Not true I have some models like 6 years old that dont have rules anymore, mostly because my faction got absolutely gutted going into 8th edition and is trash-tier.
The only faction I can think of that got truly gutted was Inquisition...izzat yours?

Renegades & Heretics, Corsairs, and Inquisition were the three that effectively got 'bricked'.