The Myth-Weavers GM Rescue Society - Page 104 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

The Myth-Weavers GM Rescue Society

Unfortunately, I've replaced that game with a number of other commitments (running another game, trying to learn Fate Core and Savage Worlds, and even started a tabletop DnD campaign!), and I'm trying mightily to make sure I don't over-exert myself. It'd be unfair to you all and my other games if I agreed to it and was then a bad player. I'm happy to see it go on without me, though! I wasn't in the game very long, in PbP terms, so I think it'll be just fine without Scatius.

Something to note though, the former GM was evidently doing a lot of stuff that didn't seem to pop up in the books, or at least it felt that way to me. Not that this is a mark against it, no, that was a great group and a great GM. Just that what we had and what its supposed to be, there might be a disconnect.

Plus with the way stats were done and the fact we're all gestalt, the party was basically a team of demigods mechanically, so there's that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDTA View Post
Something to note though, the former GM was evidently doing a lot of stuff that didn't seem to pop up in the books, or at least it felt that way to me. Not that this is a mark against it, no, that was a great group and a great GM. Just that what we had and what its supposed to be, there might be a disconnect.

Plus with the way stats were done and the fact we're all gestalt, the party was basically a team of demigods mechanically, so there's that.
We certainly took the game off the rails a bit, but even if we got back to the core of the books I think we've got a lot of good stuff to build on. I imagine (hope) that @ThatxOnexGuy would be ok with using our gestalt characters as is.

So.. are you in?

We just need to hear from @Feuerrabe, @DangerBoy or @Kaitou Kage. Though even if it were you, me and Veradux that'd probably be enough to start. We could always add on some folks from the other campaign (@ItsOppositeDay;, @LucianV, @Kirby, @pdwalt, @Dragonbane11). They were a bit ahead of us, but I'm sure we could sync the timelines.

I would be interested and if necessary i could ungestalt my character (reduce power level a bit going multi-class, but I could do it)

I mean I wouldn't say no. I've actually been hoping for another CotCT game to pop up, but this wasn't a bad group by any stretch.

I would be down to give the game another shot. Part of my trouble was getting involved in the middle of what was clearly a complex and deep game. There's nothing wrong with how it went down, and I was able to play it into my character's ignorance, but it was still really heavy.

I could probably ungestalt my character too if needed, though the gestalt part was fun. I've surprisingly only done gestalt one other time before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatxOnexGuy View Post
I would definitely be interested in GMing, if the players are still interested in playing. I've run CotCT in person and loved it!
Ok, we've got 5 players from the previous game(s). Whenever you've got time (absolutely no rush!), the ball is in your court. The GM ran two concurrent campaigns, pdwalt is from one and Kaitou, EDTA, Veradux and I were from the other. It probably won't be too hard to merge the storylines.

Our storyline got a bit bogged down with side quests, I think pdwalt's group took a more direct approach. I believe we were about to raid the butcher shop, but I think that already happened in pdwalt's timeline. Our group could show up there ready to raid and find that its already happened, and meet pdwalt. Or we just do it again.

Thank you so much for stepping up to rescue the game! I'm looking forward to stepping back into Bedon's shoes.

It depends on how much the events and stuff found in the butcher shop affect the later parts of the game.

In that event - my character mostly didn't inside much - caught outside fighting - so I never directly experienced the fights inside.

It might make more sense for Merrick to meet and mix before hand, and go through it again - but that really matters on how important it is for the game longterm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
Ok, we've got 5 players from the previous game(s). Whenever you've got time (absolutely no rush!), the ball is in your court. The GM ran two concurrent campaigns, pdwalt is from one and Kaitou, EDTA, Veradux and I were from the other. It probably won't be too hard to merge the storylines.

Our storyline got a bit bogged down with side quests, I think pdwalt's group took a more direct approach. I believe we were about to raid the butcher shop, but I think that already happened in pdwalt's timeline. Our group could show up there ready to raid and find that its already happened, and meet pdwalt. Or we just do it again.

Thank you so much for stepping up to rescue the game! I'm looking forward to stepping back into Bedon's shoes.
Hey hey - that's great to hear! Nah, I've combined groups before, shouldn't be a biggie. Since 4 players are from one timeline, and 1 from the other, it sounds like it would be best to pick up from the 4-person timeline. I'm going to go over both these games this weekend and have a plan on Monday to pick up. In the meantime, how do I go about getting added as GM (to the 4-person game)? Just posting here, right? Once that happens, I assume I can add @pdwalt into this game as well.

Gestalt isn't a problem for me at all, though I've noticed with the increase in power, the "high-level issues" arise a bit sooner. If you guys are fine with that, then I'm game as well!