This week in video games... - Page 102 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishra View Post
Damn, my bad.

Buck?!?! I LOVE BUCK!!! What's wrong with Buck? He's hilarious.

Best line in that game; "His name is Buck and he likes to...."

Probably something to do with the way he's all like "Well, I'll help you, but do this first..." and then continues saying that every time you return to him for about a week.

Personally, this was my favorite moment in the whole game (with the possible exception of "Do you know the definition of insanity?"). Aside from being mind-blowingly fun, it was just so well designed, from the dialogue ("I sank your battleship!") to the music (I mean, Ride of the Valkyries can only improve things, right?) to the juxtaposition between the two characters. That was the first moment where you can really clearly see how far gone Jason is.

That sequence was great for contrasting just how far Jason has gone. I mean, Riley (I think) is freaking out, barely staying together mentally and is totally unsure of what to do in a combat situation. Jason meanwhile is like 'chiddy chiddy bang bang biatch'

Welp, Witcher 3 has less than a month left until it releases. I'm glad it's finally coming out, if for no other reason than I can stop dodging gameplay videos on Reddit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad CDPR is being so open with how their game looks and plays, but by the time the game comes out, there's not going to be much left to see for yourself. If I watched every gameplay vid that they released, I'd be burnt out to hell by now. As it is, I haven't watched one since the beginning of the year.

I refuse to watch a gameplay video because I want to be wowed when I start playing it.

Plus I have a couple friends that will tell me why the games I like are terrible and what is wrong with it as soon as I mention it so if I don't watch it, I won't make the mistake of going "have you seen *insert game here*'s trailer."

I watched a couple gameplay vids, because one of my biggest concerns was CDPR laying another egg of a combat system, like their previous two games. It seems solid enough, so I'm content with that. I just hope that expanding the explorable world doesn't dilute the narrative experience, like Inquisition did with the Dragon Age material.

I decided to play along with Cohh and do a witcher one and two run. The system for the witcher 1 is rather meh, but still solid. Although my buttonmashy skills from mobas and PoE had to be relearned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufa View Post
I refuse to watch a gameplay video because I want to be wowed when I start playing it.

Plus I have a couple friends that will tell me why the games I like are terrible and what is wrong with it as soon as I mention it so if I don't watch it, I won't make the mistake of going "have you seen *insert game here*'s trailer."
I have friends that do that with tv shows and movies... and normally it's for what I deem "idiot movie-goer syndrome' reasons. There's never consideration for art direction, writing, narrative purpose, etc.

"But it's so dumb that the characters ran into the forest. I'd never do that. After that moment, I stopped caring about the film/show."

*shake my head*

Discussion for Steam's paid mod trial has been split into a dedicated thread

Concerning this week... Shovelknight came out on PSN. PS4 and Vita at least. That's one great Vita game right there, I must say. =o