This week in video games... - Page 748 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegoku View Post
Final Fantasy 9 is a good game hampered by a few strange choices and the speed at which it runs.
I hear there is a way to up the speed, so it should be a solid game indeed! Hope you enjoy it, I haven't played it since the last days of the ps1, but I did enjoy it back then.
Remember to steal in the first battle until you get the sword!

I haven't seen the direct, but I did see a quick bit of Legend of Zelda remake.
That is probably my favourite Zelda game (original and Breath of the Wild being the other probables) so I am tempted to pick it up. I guess it will depend on price and what changes they have made. I can always just play the GB version if it is not improved enough.
Yeah you can adjust the speed though I haven't needed to yet. I'm enjoying it so far and my pro controller just arrived so I'll be testing that out on my TV later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
I've played every single mainline FF title through except for the MMOs and the most recent one, number fifteen. Nine is an above-average one, so you're heading into a good one, Krimson, though six is, was, and always will be the best of them all.
I read the reviews and arguably IX is considered the best, which is why I bought it. Not dissing VI or anything, I may try that eventually. I have a new gaming laptop on the way and I might give the MMO a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalD View Post
Anybody here playing Apex or wants to play?
I may try it when the new laptop arrives. I'll certainly be set up for that type of game.

Quote:
Anybody here playing Apex or wants to play?
mishra89 let's goooo

@Krimson, when you have it, just PM and we can play. @mishra, adding you as soon as I get home

Quote:
@Krimson, when you have it, just PM and we can play. @mishra, adding you as soon as I get home
According to the delivery company, a fellow named Dawinder has had my laptop on a truck for the last few hours. Hopefully he will arrive soon.

I’m thinking of giving Apex Legends a try. I also played most of FF9... but left it hanging right before the final dungeon like I do half my rpgs. Oops. I did enjoy it, though.

I just want to say that I won in Apex 5 minutes ago in a pacifist run. My whole squad managed an outstanding 0 Kills / 0 Damage and we won just running around and taking loot.

I'll give Apex a try but it is going to have to wait. I just bought No Man's Sky and am installing now.

Just started Red Dead Redeption 2. Only about an hour and a half in.
It might not be the best game to play just after Spiderman. Everything is so slow!

It takes ages to get anywhere, and it only saves rarely it seems. A big change from thwipping through New York and being able to save at any time!

@Krimson
Final Fantasy IX is my favorite Final Fantasy because the cast is the best out of the series. The game itself is kinda bleh, but in the same way all Final Fantasys are bleh (i.e. fairly standard jRPG fare). I hope you enjoy it, though. Vivi is basically the best thing Squenix has ever made. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckerby View Post
@Krimson
Final Fantasy IX is my favorite Final Fantasy because the cast is the best out of the series. The game itself is kinda bleh, but in the same way all Final Fantasys are bleh (i.e. fairly standard jRPG fare). I hope you enjoy it, though. Vivi is basically the best thing Squenix has ever made. =3
Honestly I haven't played it much. But that doesn't mean I won't. I owned Pokemon Omega Ruby for months before I actually played and finished it, and am just distracted by No Man's Sky's pretty views on the new laptop. I also really want to get Steins;Gate Elite on Switch, but am hesitating because of the price. Had I not just bought a PC game, I probably wouldn't have hesitated. Yeah... I just went ahead and bought that since I was intending to get in at some point anyway.