Anime / Manga - Page 139 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

I... honestly don't have the energy at the moment to debate your points in terms of Overlord (rain check), but I do want to point out that Mamare Touno, the author of Log Horizon, is not in prison. I'm not sure where this rumor originated from, but it's just not true.

I heard it's an assumption caused by his legal battle over unpaid taxes he lost. But he paid the fines and taxes so they didn't pursue prison time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsei View Post
I... honestly don't have the energy at the moment to debate your points in terms of Overlord (rain check), but I do want to point out that Mamare Touno, the author of Log Horizon, is not in prison. I'm not sure where this rumor originated from, but it's just not true.
Him being convicted was the last thing I heard about it until some random person on the internet said he was unable to write because he was in prison and seemed fairly sure of it so I really have no idea what to believe. I really am curious to see a defense of Overlord. I mean, I don't hate it. There are aspects I find charming, like Nabe's Tsun-not-dere reactions to things. The Hamster is cute, there are certain scenes that are quite funny, but overall it's just not very enjoyable. I suppose I should retract the notion that it's odd the show is popular. I mean, SAO and AoT are like, the most popular. But they at least have pretty animation.

Well recently I've been watching Love Tyrant and just checked out the first episode of "Luck and Logic".

Love Tyrant is the rare gem I never knew I wanted but now I do.

Luck and Logic....I'm sorry this story looks like something I would write, and it hits almost every note I dislike and thought we moved past in these kind of shows. Seriously, I think this will be good for inspiration and riffing material, but it's not something I'll watch over and over again like Dragon Maid or Love Tyrant.

No I mean the latter. The one with the male lead who bonds with Athena and so on. I just randomly found it on youtube.

Oh, I found it fairly mediocre. I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of the new one.

Same. I think I gave the first series four or five episodes and even though I really liked the character designs, the plot itself was exceedingly bland and prone to really bad tonal shifts. I'm not planning on picking up this off-shoot unless I hear good things about it after the season ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWetRat View Post
I'm digging through Gen Urobuchi's back catalog. Which should I watch first: Psycho-Pass or Madoka Magica?
Might be worth your time then to check out Kamen Rider Gaime. About half way through it becomes Madoka for the Tokusatsu Genera, and it was directed by Gen Urobuchi.