Anime / Manga - Page 15 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

It has the same voice actor for the main character, and its the same animation studio, that's probably why.

But yeah, it's not for everyone, lots of stills and mindless chatter.

To be honest I have seen allot of anime and I tent to dislike allot of anime that is considered popular.

That being said, the OP seams... (Not to sound negative) To picky?
From what I have got from the OP I really don't think there are that many anime's there going to like. (Not that we should not try to help him out)

Hmm... Animes for him to watch...

I always sugjest Space Pirate Captain Harlock. Just becuase not that many people have seen it and its a classic. But you have to watch it and relies that it was originally made in 1955. (If you watch the 1970's version is is per-batum the same) Also 'Starblazers' AKA Space Battleship Yamamoto.

Well really... Anything By Leji Matsumoto. (You might have some issues with Galaxy Express 999)

_

On the note of anime that has already been mentioned.

Chobits... (Watched it) Liked it. It was nothing that special. And hard to watch at times because of... well Moia.
Evengellion. I still contest this is one of the best animes ever made. And THE most overrated Anime ever made. (Period no argument) Very good but not as good as 90% of its fan base wants you to thing. (Allot of the deepness, is artificial)

Elfen Lied... (Sigh) If you think this is well Wright... I don't know what to tell you. I'm normally a person who hates statements of "This sucks" or "That's no good" Because it is a matter of taste. But I literally can find no redeeming qualities to this anime.

It's not attractive. (Well animated) (Not badly animated mind you)
The story is sub-par. (Relies on shock vallu far to much) (But not the worst I have seen)
The Violence... I really don't see a point other then the sock value stated above. It doesn't come across as brutal or edgy. It comes across as lazy. (I would also point out that my time in the military both deadened me to this level of violence and turned me off to it)
Needless to say if you think this is well written you need to watch better anime. (Not that being said) If you still like this anime there is (Most likely) nothing wrong with you.
_
Still trying to think of anime for the OP.

Bubblegum Crisis Is real good, its pretty Cyberpunk themed though so if your not into that you might not like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstarraven View Post
Needless to say if you think this is well written you need to watch better anime. (Not that being said) If you still like this anime there is (Most likely) nothing wrong with you.
I'll refer you to my list and you can judge for yourself.

have you guys seen bastard???? love the anime and it gave me an idea for a mage that i don;t know how to create a counter spell mage where he can add his spell damage to a spell casted at him and reflect it back to the caster

i don't know if its possible what do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
I'll refer you to my list and you can judge for yourself.
I recently threw together my own list. Unfortunately, there are a lot of anime I've watched and completely spaced on, so my list is a lot smaller than it should be lol.

My lists are one thing I have managed to do consistently since I started them. I kind of need them since I watch a lot of anime and though I don't have nearly as much on my manga list, I'm following a lot of titles I would have a hard time keeping track of otherwise.

What no love for Bubblegum Crisis?