Anime / Manga - Page 49 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

How are you playing it, Kinsei? Do you have it for the PSP in Japanese, or have you found a translation?

EDIT: @Hatter: Steins;gate picks up after the first episode, though it's still a little slow. Watch it for Mayushii, if nothing else. Tuturu~

Brotherhood was excellent, but if you didn't like the original at all, then you probably won't like Brotherhood, even with the various improvements that come from sticking to the original manga the whole way.

Perhaps try Darker than Black? I just recently started watching it myself, but it's pretty interesting and not exactly standard. You might find Un-Go good as well, though that series was fairly short.

@M3mento: There is an excellent English translation for it available. I honestly feel like I'm playing a legitimate commercial localization. Even the X and O buttons and PSP system menus have been changed to make it seem like it's an actual US game. (though this trips me up sometimes because the last game I played on my PSP was in Japanese, so I keep trying to press O to select things)

However, if you're concerned about the obvious piracy implications, NIS America has announced plans for a commercial release for the Vita... sometime next year, IIRC. Assuming I have a Vita by then, I'll definitely be buying it for comparison's sake, if nothing else.

Steins;Gate is indeed a bit slow, and if that's not your cup of tea, more power to you. Also, I disagree. Mayushii leaves a lasting impression, but one should watch that show for Christina.

Steins;Gate is one of those shows that has some pacing issues, and you need to watch for a while to really get to the good parts. As somebody who regularly decides whether an anime is worth my time within the first episode or two, I understand trying to get over that hump. However, I think it's worth the watch, if you can manage to slog through it.

Looking over your list that you enjoyed, you might check out Yakitate!! Japan. It's a shounen parody series about baking bread. It's a lot better than it sounds lol.

I've also been trying to get more people to check out Bakuman. So there's that.

Edit: Mayushii is cute, but Christina is awesome.

Aaaah. Yakitate. Good times. Good times. I watched that with a lot of my college buddies. I always wanted to start reading the manga afterward, but never got around to it. I could use some breadgasms.

Oh yes. I suppose this is (kind of) on topic. Anyone heading to Anime Weekend Atlanta next week? I just realized I'm off and am more than likely going to go. The hard point is going to be finding a decent hotel at this late of notice.

...That said, if anyone is going/lives in the area and has a bed/sofa/floor I could rent for two nights, that would be greeeeeat. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
Steins;Gate is one of those shows that has some pacing issues, and you need to watch for a while to really get to the good parts. As somebody who regularly decides whether an anime is worth my time within the first episode or two, I understand trying to get over that hump. However, I think it's worth the watch, if you can manage to slog through it.

Looking over your list that you enjoyed, you might check out Yakitate!! Japan. It's a shounen parody series about baking bread. It's a lot better than it sounds lol.

I've also been trying to get more people to check out Bakuman. So there's that.

Edit: Mayushii is cute, but Christina is awesome.
Okay thanks man. I might go check it out. I can at least give it 4 more episodes.

Latest Noblesse Chapter: Hey, they can draw well again...how awesome. Also, I have a weakness for beautiful women in leather pants...

I just finished Spice and Wolf. I've heard a lot of great things about the show, and while it was decent, I don't get the raving people do over it.

Recently finished Kiniro Mosaic, Shingeki no Kyojin, Gatchaman Crowds, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, and Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! (Watamote). Now that I have finished Railgun, I am watching the Index movie, Kiseki no Endymion. I think I may have to break out the old Kindle and convert the light novels since I've run out of Raildex anime.