DC Universe - Page 5 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

DC Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothsword117 View Post
And any hope of Legends recovering went out the window for me.
What's interesting is that it apparently went out of the window from the writers' point of view too. And then they apparently aknowledged they were incapable of improve things... and instead decided to make it an aknowledged thing in-universe too (at least that's my theory!). I did actually stop watching at some point of season 2... and then I heard odd praises I decided to give it another try, starting with the beginning of season 3... and I went "oh my, is this suddenly the best show of the Arrowverse??"

Okay, maybe this is a bit of an overstatement (because, as I said, I also enjoyed Supergirl season 3 quite much), but watching this bizarre goofy comedy, where it was plainly stated that the "heroes" were actually total losers and immature idiots in a world that didn't make any sense to begin with, was quite the enjoying ride, and a relief compared to what the series previously was, or to what Arrow and Flash offered at the time... that is, shows we were supposed to take super seriously when actually what they proposed was... "heroes" being total losers and immature idiots in a world that didn't make any sense to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothsword117
So, I'm hearing that apparently they split Young Justice season 3 in two parts, and we got part 1 now and will be getting part 2 down the line. Anyone willing/able to confirm if that's accurate or not?
It is:

The thing is, I didn't need them to be taken seriously, per-say. Like, ok. Take the first two episodes of season 2 of LoT, delete Damien Dark and Oliver Queen from the scripts. Congrats, you now have a show I'd watch every week.

Hell I'd have forgiven Oliver Queen being there if they would have either A) Bit the bullet and saved Black Canary (I know they made someone who is not Dinah Laurel Lance, (And unless your telling a Golden Age Story, that is about on par with having a Lord Of The Rings Adaptation that shows Frodo as a 7ft tall Muscle-bound Ubermach or however that's spelled who wields a Katana in one hand and an M-60 Machine Gun in the other. ), but that was a stupid decision and thus undoing it would be good if they were showing the competency I'd expect from a 4 year old about it.) or B) NOT made me suffer more of the utterly insufferable Damien Dark, coupled up with Reverse Flash, whom was suppose to be out of the game like, 2 or 3 seasons ago at that point.

Anyway. Huh. So, that tells me there not real confident in these other productions then if there doing that. Do we know which, if any of these, are slated to be done in animation, besides Young Justice?

Also, didn't they confirm the 2003 Teen Titans were getting a season 6 on this streaming service because TTG did well in the movies? Or was that yet another slap across the face and trolling of there older fan base?

Quote:
that was a stupid decision and thus undoing it would be good if they were showing the competency I'd expect from a 4 year old about it
I'm amazed you still expect any competency from Arrow at this point. Especially concerning Laurel. They never knew what to do with the character. The fact they had to recast someone to play the supposedly dead Sarah and make her the "original" Canary exemplified that.

Quote:
Anyway. Huh. So, that tells me there not real confident in these other productions then if there doing that. Do we know which, if any of these, are slated to be done in animation, besides Young Justice?
Only Harley Quinn. Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing and Stargirl will all be live-action.

Legends of Tomorrow is that weird show that is bad and stupid, knows it is and just rolls with it in a way that is oddly charming. Like, I don't actually give a damn about the plot most of the time, could care less about any supposed links to the rest of the Arrowverse (which I've largely given up on, especially Flash), I'm just having fun with this. Bringing back Captain Cold last season was a stroke of pure genius because he is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
I'm amazed you still expect any competency from Arrow at this point. Especially concerning Laurel. They never knew what to do with the character. The fact they had to recast someone to play the supposedly dead Sarah and make her the "original" Canary exemplified that.

Only Harley Quinn. Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing and Stargirl will all be live-action.
As a rule of thumb, I expect people who specialize in doing something professionally to be more competent than any random elementary school child I could pick in any classroom in the country.

And yet Arrow still kept failing that mark. Screwing up Black Canary that badly was just the final straw for me. I haven't watched since, and have heard nothing that makes me think that was a bad choice.

Huh. So. All of them except Young Justice are Live Action. Got it.

@leons1701 There's a bit near the start of season 2 were the team are back in early Renaissance France, stopping time pirates with laser guns form assassinating the king while Sarah get's laid by The Queen Of France.

If the whole show was just exactly that kind of madness, I'd be all over it. It would be stupid, but I would not care that it's stupid.

As is, like I said, you took one of the most insufferable things form another of your shows, and made it a recurring element. That was the final straw on that show for me.

Anyway, once season two Young Justice hits, I'll probably check in for a month to watch that and binge some other stuff and then check out again.

Quote:
Huh. So. All of them except Young Justice are Live Action. Got it.
Nope, *all of them except Young Justice and Harley Quinn*.

Quote:
There's a bit near the start of season 2 were the team are back in early Renaissance France, stopping time pirates with laser guns form assassinating the king while Sarah get's laid by The Queen Of France.
In what decidedly look like a Californian villa, by the way.

Quote:
If the whole show was just exactly that kind of madness, I'd be all over it. It would be stupid, but I would not care that it's stupid.
Oh it embraced it tenfold.

I also just wish they'd stop all this shared universe stuff. Surely, if they flick through their back catalogue, even DC could find a decent random superhero, and just make a cool show/film out of that?

OK... second hit on Google, top 25 DC heroes...
Superman - been there, done that
Batman - been there, done that, even got a Lego Movie
Wonder Woman - they tried it, the film was mediocre
Green Lantern - erm... OK, clearly whoever wrote this list was drunk
Nightwing - nope (plus, Batman)
The Flash - nope, plus they've tried that
Catwoman - did they try a film of her? If they could do it without making it ridiculous (unlikely) it could work. Except, she's another Batman character
The Flash (the other one) - nope
Shazam - er... seriously? For 6-year-olds, maybe...
Aquaman - almost as lame as Green Lantern (plus they've already done this)
Green Arrow - tried that
Swamp Thing - they're trying that?
Martian Manhunter - seriously?
Green Lantern (the other one) - double nope
Batgirl - see: Batman
John Constantine - I'd actually start here, except there was already a film (wasn't great) and apparently now there's a series. But this is exactly the kind of character who'd work great devoid of all other shared universe superhero rubbish, and though the film wasn't that great it would have been even worse if it had been a superhero movie.
Supergirl - been there done that, plus she's a Superman-derivative
Black Canary - OK, finally, something new(ish - she's in one of these other series, is she?). I don't know how you'd make this interesting and rip it away from the shared universe because comics are shared universes, but maybe you could.
Booster Gold - Aha, now we have it! #19 - it took us a while. At first glance, this guy looks totally ridiculous - which is perfect! A time-traveller from the future uses his knowledge of history (which hasn't happened yet) to become rich and famous - I'd watch that. He doesn't need to have any tie in to any stupid League or group whatsoever since his core story all happens pretty much before that (sure, there are tie-ins around the stuff he nicks, etc etc, but who cares? Scrap all that).

So - Booster Gold: The Movie. It will be awesome, it just needs never to mention "Justice League" or any other failed stepchild (or actual child) of Detective Comics.

OK, there we go. I've solved DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
Catwoman - did they try a film of her?
If you don't know, trust me on this: you can call that "blissful ignorance". Just sayin'.

Quote:
So, I'm hearing that apparently they split Young Justice season 3 in two parts, and we got part 1 now and will be getting part 2 down the line. Anyone willing/able to confirm if that's accurate or not?
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchern View Post
For those who are interested in Young Justice, season 3. It looks like the first half (13 episodes) will be out by the end of January, and then the second half will be out in June or July. No word on a Blu-ray release yet that I can find.
Also, they release those episodes across the month. So in January we are geting three episodes every Friday, and on the fourth Friday we get four for a total of 13. They are planning on doing the same thing in June. 26 in all.

So, if you are planning on getting a month of DCU in June, wait until near the end of the month to get them all and still have some time to watch them.

Now that we are almost done with the first half of season 3, I think I like it as much or more than seasons 1 and 2. It has a quirkiness that the others don't (like an entire episode devoted to Vandal Savage's origin story that presents him as the savior of mankind). That quirkiness really appeals to me.