Notices

Another Tale in Tal'Dorei

Old Dec 21 '18, 4:49pm
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Another Tale in Tal'Dorei

Another Tale in Tal'Dorei - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Ten years, that is how long it has been since the defeat of Kevdak, Thordak, Vecna and so many other enemies of both Tal'Dorei and the group of heroes known far and wide as Vox Machina. Their story, recorded both in truth and parody, has spread as far as Wildemount. But that story, as glorious as it is, has been told. Ten years after the fall of Vecna, new heroes arise to no doubt weave a story as great or greater still than that of Vox Machina. What are their origins? Who are they? What dangers will they face? What challenges will they overcome?

Perhaps you should begin the story, if you seek answers to those questions. The sooner you get started the sooner you finish after all, and this may be quite the long tale.

Game Description:

InformationHello, my name is Reckon and this will be my first actual (not a one-shot) Dungeon mastering Endeavor both in real life and on the Weave. I am looking for players interested in role-play over rollplay for the most part, but make no mistake; the dice will fall as they may.

This campaign will take place in Matt Mercer's Tal'Dorei setting. Please note that any class options present in that book, as well as Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter class and Gunslinger Fighter archetype are all allowed content... as well as all official WoTC content of course. NOTE: I am not going to outright ban the use fo Unearthed Arcana as a source, but please note that I reserve the right to scrutinize and alter any Unearthed Arcana content used within this game for the purposes of balancing.

Characters will start at level one, and may roll 4d6 dropping the lowest for stats, and then assign those stats in whatever order they wish.

If the rolled stats are not to the player's liking, they may instead choose to use the 27 point buy method.

I'm not wholly sure what else to put down here, so for now please feel free to begin working on an application in the Applications folder. You may also drop into the OOC thread with any questions you may have.

I plan to recruit for this game until January 15th, 2019. This date could possibly changed to be later, or sooner depending on how things progress. If I feel I have enough good applications to make my choice, I will post a revised end date oif acceptance -- conversely if I need more time or if I feel applicants need more time, I will revise the date and push it back perhaps a week or so.

Just to state in case it wasn't fairly obvious: I heavily appreciate players willing to 'deal' with a very inexperienced GM. Odds are I am going to screw up here and there but I will not be above admitting when that happens. Regardless whether you are a newbie or a veteran tabletop player, I hope to see an application from you!

Last edited by Reckon; Dec 21 '18 at 4:53pm..
Hi, I'm new to using MythWeavers for adventures, but I've been playing for some time. I generally have an interest in learning and using races and classes found on D&D Wiki. Would that be alright for you? Naturally I can give the links for the ones I'd like to use, but I tend too keep away from the OP ones anyway.

If you're referring to homebrew content, the answer is no. If it's an officially published WoTC class, a Tal'Dorei campaign setting specific class option or the Blood Hunter and Gunslinger Fighter Archetype, then yes.

I've been reading a bit of this setting and really enjoy it. I've also started watching the YouTube videos of Mercer's game, only 55 min into the first episode.