High school is the best place to learn how to save the world, right? - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

High school is the best place to learn how to save the world, right?

I think this is pretty much the perfect set-up for you. And it's the d6 system,like Star Wars, so familiar to most people,
Ninja High the RPG

Perfect timing for this, since the Webtoon UnOrdinary got me interested in Battle School Shonen again (Although that series is very different to most, tonally speaking). 2, 3, and 5 all tap directly into that vein for me, but I'd be open to any of the options mentioned.

As for system, the only one I don't have (Either purchased or SRD) is Godbound, I can probably work anything else. Yamazaki's suggestions of BESM and OVA both sound decent as well; even if I don't own those books myself (There's enough free content available that I can manage).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRollFTW View Post
Perfect timing for this, since the Webtoon UnOrdinary got me interested in Battle School Shonen again (Although that series is very different to most, tonally speaking). 2, 3, and 5 all tap directly into that vein for me, but I'd be open to any of the options mentioned.

As for system, the only one I don't have (Either purchased or SRD) is Godbound, I can probably work anything else. Yamazaki's suggestions of BESM and OVA both sound decent as well; even if I don't own those books myself (There's enough free content available that I can manage).
Godbound is free on drivethru

I’m definitely interested. I like 3 through 6, and I’ve been looking for a chance to play Godbound. The deluxe version even has rules for supernatural martial arts.

When it comes to the 6th, Pathfinder would definitely lend itself to the concept if you go Spheres of Power. Two of the Gonzo Classes, Henshin Hero and Magical Girl, are perfect for it.

1, 2, 3 are the things I roll with for theme. Six would be too easy to break the secret.

As for game systems, I'll put in a vote for 5e and OVA,

5e - Fifth Edition's my jam, also with refluff and homebrew you can make anything.

OVA - Like someone mentioned OVA is an anime based TTRPG system. I've yet to fully explore it

I'm in for something in the range of 1-3.
System - don't really have a prefernce, perhaps something FATE-based?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstalker View Post
Godbound is free on drivethru
Well alright then.

System-wise, I said earlier that I could work with anything, and that's still true, but I admit to having a preference for D&D 4E.

Does anyone have any sort of particular pitch? CyberGoddess mentioned a possible sports/combat/magic/whatever competition as a theme that the characters would be involved in.

I've had a few ideas myself. Genepunk assassins learning the tools of their trade. The academy of the spirit realm guardians. A magic school built to study and defend against the threat of a megadungeon. A bunch of pals trying to go about their days but someone is always getting kidnapped or catches a new ancient Chinese curse. Students investigating the recent disappearances and the weird rumors about the mysterious student council. Schools on the bad side of town getting into petty disputes over territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTAgentKC View Post
OVA - Like someone mentioned OVA is an anime based TTRPG system. I've yet to fully explore it
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakootoko View Post
I'd be interested in much of this, especially #3. But I'm not interested in any form of D&D.
There might be other RPG systems that are better "suited" to such a thing but I'm only going to run something I'm familiar with, sorry.