Storytelling in oWoD - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Storytelling in oWoD

Storytelling in oWoD

Hi, I have a couple of questions. I'm beginning to think of opening a sandbox story set in the oWoD. I have worked mostly on my settings of London, Genoa(Italy), Transylvania, Los Angeles, Boston, Montreal and Providence (Rhode Island). I qlso have a setting in post-apocalyptic Perth (Australia).
I'm thinking of creating many stories which would intersect with each others sometimes.
I'm very much into crossover (except Hunter).

Which Setting should I choose? What era (I'm not a fan of medieval)? What rules (I prefer the new World of Darkness rules, but maybe most people here prefer the 20th anniversary).

Would it be best to post all stories as private to prevent eavesdropping of secrets?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, you are... casting a wide net.

I have a qucik sort of preliminary question. You say you're setting this in the old World of Darkness but asking about rules? Which set are you thinking about -- classic World of Darkness, the first run of new World of Darkness, WoD 2oth Anniversary, the God-Machine Update/Chronicles of Darkness, and now nu-White Wolf's post-Ghenna World of Darkness. Which one are you thinking about running, because each one is a different beast.

I mean WoD 20th anniversary about the setting. I can use these rules too, but I just mentionned that it would be an exception, because I always play with the first run of the new WoD rules since I discovered them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConteurKissanil View Post
I mean WoD 20th anniversary about the setting. I can use these rules too, but I just mentionned that it would be an exception, because I always play with the first run of the new WoD rules since I discovered them.
My personal rule, not just for WoD games, is that if I'm running, I'm running the setting I want to run, with the rules I want to use. Anyone who's upset because of a mismatch of editions of the rules just doesn't need to apply.
Whether you apply said rule is, of course, up to you.

Which is why you should decide whether to apply it.
If you can decide what you want to run, decide and open recruitment. If not, I'd personally open a Game Discussion thread, which might even help you find interested players.