The Myth-Weavers GM Rescue Society - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

The Myth-Weavers GM Rescue Society

Well I'm not quite sure what happened, but it seems our DM has been missing for about two weeks, after saying he'd be gone a day or two. The first time it turned out to be a problem with TSA. No idea what happened the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordae View Post
Whisper's description is accurate, but since it's in post history it might not be "formal policy". I'll see if I can get the staff to agree with some sort of documented rules for GM replacement.
Anything new on the 'formal policy' front ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
but it seems our DM has been missing for about two weeks,
Which one ?
The DM's 'last activity'-statistic for both your games show as "Today".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Anything new on the 'formal policy' front ?

Which one ?
The DM's 'last activity'-statistic for both your games show as "Today".
The winter game. While he's been on once or twice a day for the past two weeks, look at his posting history.

His last post is on Dec 4 '10, 1:02am where he announces he hurt himself, and adds to his sig he'll be gone a day or two. But two weeks and no response to anything. Not even to say something like that it has taken longer than expected, or something else happened, or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annon View Post
Has anyone tried contacting him via PM or whatever yet?
Yes. No response. This was almost two weeks ago. He's logging on, but not saying or doing anything. The last time this happened he said it was because TSA broke his computer. *shrugs*

I dunno what's going on there, but we have five highly motivated players with solid characters all around. One dropped for unrelated reasons (it was six players before that) but there was already a means of replacing them - just get one of the other arcanists that applied to join in and introducing their character would be no problem.

Hey everybody, I'm one of the players from the game Roy mentioned. It's been a while since the DM made an appearance in the forum, and some of us are worried. Unfortunately, our DM had a run-in with TSA and his laptop got beat-up, and later, after the game just started, he slipped on ice and hurt his hands. Terrible luck all around.

But whatever the circumstances, we hope that the game must go on. We're locked, loaded, and ready to go play.

Forum link, btw. http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17692

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthre...113046&page=16

Still looking for a DM for these incredibly enthusiastic players.

They are currently in deep water. There is a deep plot, intrigue, lots of combat and lots of undead.

Dawn of dead.

Welcoming any willing DM's.

Requesting that the DM of this game be changed to me. The current DM has not posted anything at all anywhere for one full month and has not logged on at all for nearly half that time. I have no idea what happened to him, but as no one else was willing to step up I am doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Requesting that the DM of this game be changed to me. The current DM has not posted anything at all anywhere for one full month and has not logged on at all for nearly half that time. I have no idea what happened to him, but as no one else was willing to step up I am doing so.
Site DIscussion is a better place for this. I made a a new thread by copying this http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=119107

I love seeing that you have this idea up and running, at least in a preliminary form, Mordae. I can honestly say that I could have used such a group in the past, largely due to my own failures.

If my own personal life wasn't such a mess at the moment I might adopt a game but at the moment I am working hard to limit myself to running the one I am starting (with players who know me and my current limitations) and playing in one or two. Perhaps in the future I will be able to step up and try to offset some of my prior failure with a little good karma.