Necromorphs, which system? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Necromorphs, which system?

Necromorphs, which system?

In your opinion, what system would do you think would be the best one to represent Necromorphs? Mainly I am thinking about how you need to dismember them. I have always wanted to run a campaign using them, but I am unsure on the system.

All Flesh Must Be Eaten, The Zombie Survival Roleplaying Game would work. The system includes hit locations in combat and a modular, point based monster creator so you can determine the method to kill your "zombie" and balance that against your players.

You could use Fate. Necromorphs have a lot of physical Stress boxes, cut off limbs become Aspects you can tag to increase the damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
You could use Fate. Necromorphs have a lot of physical Stress boxes, cut off limbs become Aspects you can tag to increase the damage.
I really like this idea, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohwear View Post
I really like this idea, thanks.
It's a system a little more like the video games. In the fiction IIRC, you can't kill a necromorph without severing limbs. In the games you can absolutely kill then with volume of fire, it just takes too many bullets. Most of the time I remember cutting off a couple of limbs and then using Isaac's mighty boot to finish them off.