Hello to all - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Hello to all

Hello to all

My name is Ron and I've been roleplaying since 1979. This is my first time with PBP. I have played AD&D 1e and 2e, Traveller, Battletech, Shadowrun on tabletops, and WoW, LOTRO, SWToR, Neverwinter Nights, and Age of Conan online. I am legally blind which makes live action RPing difficult as I move at a slower pace. I am hoping this will work better for me. I miss playing with a group of fellow humans or whatever race you folks happen to be. If anyone is curious as to why I call myself MountainDragon, I was born in the Chinese Year of the Dragon in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas and now live in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. I look forward to joining one of the games on offer here soon.

Hello Ron and welcome to the Weave! Since you're new to Play by Post, the New to Play by Post section on the wiki should be super helpful, as would the Die Roller and bbCode sections. These are great places for anyone to start! It is filled with information about the PbP format. Having ways to roll dice and format posts is a big part of PbP.

If you're looking for specific help to a question, feel free to ask on the site or check out the Myth Weavers Official Discord for more rapid answers, and great conversation about Colin's beard!

Greetings @MountainDragon!

I have been itinerant in greeting new users. Been travelling for work. But enough of that real life stuff, lets get down to talking gaming!!!

I as well started gaming in 1979. We have a pretty solid Old School D&D group, and a Traveller group that you may want to check in with.

So, the way things work here is players don't just get invited to games; they need to do a little work. GMs will put up an ad for a game in the Games and Ads forum, and players will apply for the game. Some game systems will only get a handful of applicants while other, more popular ones (3.5E, 5E, Pathfinder...), will get up towards 20 applicants wanting to play in the game. So, head on over to the Games & Ads forum and see what is advertising. If nothing catches your interest right away, hang out and check out the other forums, or get on our Discord server and meet people. For every game system out there, there are people here interested in playing.

Also, if you see a game for a system you aren't familiar with, but the game sounds interesting, don't discount it. Often, they are easier to get into. One of my favorite systems I found at random when someone posted about it on here.

Please feel free to ask any questions that come up.

Most of all have fun!

Tattered King, a Metal Dog.