Arcane Mastery Implement - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Arcane Mastery Implement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithobi1 View Post
There is no page number because it's part of a theoretical house rule. However, logically, losing a class feature causes you to lose the entire class feature, not just part of it.
I'd agree with you if it were anything else except feats. But, you said it yourself, it's a "house-rule" type situation.

Yes. It's a house rule type situation, but where you the GM would you truly let someone switch from having Defensive Mobility to having Toughness, the off-hand thingy, and Defensive Mobility?

Having Defensive Mobility is the class feature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core View Post
Yes. It's a house rule type situation, but were you the GM would you truly let someone switch from having Defensive Mobility to having Toughness, the off-hand thingy, and Defensive Mobility?
No, I wouldn't let them switch, I'd let them keep both like any good DM would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core View Post
Having Defensive Mobility is the class feature...
No, Defensive Mobility is a feat. Archer Fighting style is simply a path you can choose that gives you this feat for free without burning your first leveler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStride View Post
No, I wouldn't let them switch, I'd let them keep both like any good DM would.
What? A good DM should allow something that basically gives a free feat for the cost of a retrain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStride View Post
No, Defensive Mobility is a feat. Archer Fighting style is simply a path you can choose that gives you this feat for free without burning your first leveler.
No, free access to the feat comes as part of class feature. Just like with anything in DnD, if you give-up / retrain what gave you access to something you lose access to that something. If you retrain out of Archer Fighting Style, you lose free access to the feat.

PS - You're arguing more as a player than as a DM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanthar Mandragoran View Post
No, free access to the feat comes as part of class feature. Just like with anything in DnD, if you give-up / retrain what gave you access to something you lose access to that something. If you retrain out of Archer Fighting Style, you lose free access to the feat.

PS - You're arguing more as a player than as a DM.
You can't lose feats, and you can't retrain class features, done deal.

But if you could retrain class features, you should lose the entire class feature that you retrained away, not the class feature minus a feat. "Any good DM" would make you lose the Defensive Mobility feat.

You're not loosing the feat. You're loosing the class feature that gave it to you in the first place, hence the feat goes with it.

But for now, let's just end with the fact that everyone agrees on: You can't retrain Class Features.

Phew. And then that was out of the world.

EDIT: Huh. Maybe I should reload to see if there are any changes before posting in a window I've had open for half an hour.