Hearthstone - Page 244 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Hearthstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belabras View Post
So Paladin gets several secret cards but not rogue. How is that?
...because Paladin is one of the classes with Secrets?

Also new cards look super neat. Priest 6 mana super flamestrike if you're running a dragon deck, and you can even run the new Reno combo if you can find enough dragons for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkingkoal View Post
Anyone else feel that a lot of these cards are craaazy strong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonyman View Post
Also new cards look super neat. Priest 6 mana super flamestrike if you're running a dragon deck, and you can even run the new Reno combo if you can find enough dragons for it.
So, lots of thoughts on new set. Not sure I can get them all in here. My usual emotional up and down. I get excited for new set. In part from cards going out. In part just nebulous hoping good stuff for what I play / want to play. Then when start to see new cards, narrow-mindedly disappointed. First looked at Druid cards and I don't like Ramp - so sort of a let down for me as I don't like that high cost stuff style. More a mid cost 'hustle' preferred.

Though, as I looked at more. Ya think I'll focus on Dragon Warrior and try to get to golden Branbeard Warrior as looks like I may swing back to Dragon Priest with this new set. 3 drop 3,4 that gives 3 health as battlecry looks good. 5 drop 5,6 dragon that discovers a card from your deck if dragon in hand I think is also very good. Along with 6 mana, do 5 dmg to all non dragons. Though may be a 1 of card in case foe is dragon based, but strong Epic.

I also like that some legendary cards, like 1 cost 1,1 pirate ... thing that comes to hand if play a Pirate. Moves to being useful legendary cards that aren't just big, high cost minions. That are 'useful' stuff. Having a Pirate you throw back from opening hand and then any played Pirate gets you another you can play when need one - say for Warrior 3 3,4 that buffs weapon if another Pirate in play, etc. Same for the 3 cost, 2,2 with Taunt and Divine Shield that heals, etc.

And some cards to help vs aggro. Neutral 1 drop 2,2 with deathrattle that heals both for 4. Etc. Overall, I think will be a good set and good going forward for Standard.

On the negative - some folks seem to take a solid 5 minutes to make a Raven Idol pick, can't say I'm a fan of playing or being on the other side of the assemble your own potion card. But do acknowledge its versatility and overall power from it. Some other stuff I'd rather not see, but nothing just 'wrong'. Saving gold. Going to try to get my golden Warrior. Likely move to Dragon Priest when new set drops though will try to keep an open mind. And glad to see what I've seen so far overall.

*P.S. whenever there is a set date, please let me know. December. "By Dec 31st" as per Pre-Buy - which I plan to avoid with earned gold - is the most 'set' I've seen of any date.

Yeah, I'm impressed with what I've seen from the expansion so far. Cautiously impressed, but impressed. There's a lot more cards that are yet to be revealed after all.

I like that Blizzard seems to be aware that they need to enhance consistency: and look at all the card draw and Discover cards, which allows just that; less RNG and more consistency = nice.

I'll be honest: I'm afraid of Priest. Downside: Priest still looks to be very combo heavy (ie. Auchenai + Circle, not the Rogue mechanic), but it looks solid, solid minions, solid combos, solid Dragon synergy cards.

For example: I think "Pint-Size Potion" is great (maybe too good), and is being underrated right now (but maybe I'm wrong!), it synergizes with Holy Nova allowing minions to trade more efficiently on board (yay Holy Nova can do what it was supposed to!), it will allow Cabal Shadow Priest to steal an enemy minion up to 5 attack (that's crazy), and combined with "Potion of Madness" it's better than Shadow Madness and only 2 Mana, Shadow Word Horror, Shadow Word Pain/Bookwyrm... With the obvious downside of needing two cards to pull any of this off (ie. combo heavy).

I'm certainly going to try my hand with a Priest deck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric8092 View Post
Along with 6 mana, do 5 dmg to all non dragons. Though may be a 1 of card in case foe is dragon based, but strong Epic.
Yep! Great card, super powerful board clear, with the obvious downside that I like: if there are lots of Dragon decks the card will be next to useless. I love conditional cards! It makes for good decision making.

Quote:
I also like that some legendary cards, like 1 cost 1,1 pirate ... thing that comes to hand if play a Pirate.
Apparently it was going to be released for The Grand Tournament, but the existence of One Eyed Cheat + Ship's Cannon made Blizzard change their minds. Interesting.

Quote:
Neutral 1 drop 2,2 with deathrattle that heals both for 4.
Like the new Zombie Chow, looks good.

Quote:
On the negative - some folks seem to take a solid 5 minutes to make a Raven Idol pick
Yeah. I hate that. (And people who intentionally Rope.) But Discovery does add consistency and more choices! And I welcome that with open arms!

Dr. Hippie vs Pavel in the Championship.

Pavel wins 4, 2. Fittingly ends vs Druid that he beat 4 tines in a row twice to rally back in prior matches. Kudos to him. New packs of TST for us tomorrow AM I hope.

I know it's a bit early in the set reveal but with what we have so far I've noticed a lack of randomness in the cards. There's some discovers which is "good rng" and a few "put X from you deck into..." but no bomber or juggler or portals or yogg types. In fact I think none of the revealed cards have the word random on them.

Again we've only seen a small amount but I hope the cut down on rng holds for the rest of the set.

Good point(s), I very much concur on all.

Hmmm. I felt a bit like I did waiting for Standard, playing in Casual with a beginners Mage. My version of Dragon Warrior has proven to be about Rank 15 or so and just move up and down around there. But ... It's probably good not to have some deck I'm excited about seeing how high I can get it. (Don't want to just see how high I can get with Shaman.) As I just don't have the time / going to be busy for a while. Just do Quests, play a few games and be ok with wherever I am. That is good in theory, in practice - feel like I'm losing to aggro and Control. Meh. Just need to know if I don't get a good start - likely to lose to whatever it is. With a good start, can do well against most things. And overall like my deck. Wish I was at more wins than 200 with Warrior to get to golden. As not sure I can get golden before new set. But I'll just keep on keepin' on for now. I really do like the deck. Hope others enjoying things. I am mostly, just a rough stretch.

*Quite some time to Golden Warrior. But - the golden Warrior cards I want are coming in. Golden Korkron to go with golden Executes. One Golden Axe (great arcade game) - want the other one before I run them. Silly / solely aesthetic as that all is. I wish each Season you were Rank 15 you could pick a golden Common to get. Rank 10 a golden Rare. 5 a golden Epic. Legend a golden Legendary. Rather than just the random ones, that I generally always dust. If I could pick, I'd probably keep them.

these new quests really make you try new things. It also allows you to see things that you didn't before.
For instance, I got 3 of those play 50 cards quests and I slowly chipped off the two other classes. Thhheeen I started on the mage quest.
You see, what I was doing was just making new decks and throwing in all the class cards. The other two got trounced, but the mage deck.... It kinda owned face.... I wasn't even thinking about the selection, just throwing in all the direct damage spells. Anyway, this is more of a gripe about how I hate mage as it is. These removal cards are obscene.

That coupled with mage's new ability to just get or draw more spell cards from the latest adventure, it is pretty damn annoying.

Played a warlock who obviously had the murloc quest. He just emptied his hand of murlocs as fast as he could and didn't attack with them. I focused on clearing the board for space and leaving him alone so he could finish it out quick.

Well done, well done. I'm sure the other Player very much appreciated.