Hearts of Wulin: Wuxia Melodrama - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Hearts of Wulin: Wuxia Melodrama

Hearts of Wulin: Wuxia Melodrama

Hey, folks. New to MW, not new to PbP. I have just recently kickstarted Lancer and Hearts of Wulin, the latter of which seems like it would work pretty well via PbP as I understand the PbtA games generally do. Is there an appetite around these parts for that sort of thing?

I should point out that:
  • Hearts of Wulin exists only in playtest materials
  • It is about wuxia melodrama, with an emphasis on the melodrama
  • I've never run a PbtA game before, but I never let that stop me

Ooooh, I love wuxia genre fiction! Whether it's the adventures of Wong Fei Hong, the Ten Tigers of Canton or works based off of the Condor Trilogy, I am SO there!

So I've been checking out the test packet for the game, I'm still a little confused on how to play but a lot of it reminds me of the "social combat" seen in Exalted. @Proximus, any ideas setting wise or thematic ideas? Like factions of Order vs Chaos or Imperial Loyalist versus an Rebel Sect? Or maybe have a number of familiar factions the players can be apart of from Age of Wushu and their 8 Schools?

I will try everything wuxia. I am sure there are interest of this genre here, as I have been expressing my interest when it pops up and so are others. 8-15 potential applicants is the range I see on average.

I'd apply. Not the most knowledgeable about the wuxia genre but the combination of melodrama and martial arts sounds like an appealing mix to me, plus I've liked what I've read of the playtest packet. Here's a link to it, for the ease of anyone else interested in having a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight910 View Post
So I've been checking out the test packet for the game, I'm still a little confused on how to play but a lot of it reminds me of the "social combat" seen in Exalted. @Proximus, any ideas setting wise or thematic ideas? Like factions of Order vs Chaos or Imperial Loyalist versus an Rebel Sect? Or maybe have a number of familiar factions the players can be apart of from Age of Wushu and their 8 Schools?
I was thinking feuding martial clans.

Posting interest. Backed the kickstarter after your plug here. Would love to see it in action.

Been following on the gauntlet so I'd love to try it, but got a full roster atm so posting interest for future reference