The Original Pen-and-Paper Fantasy

Old Aug 15 '18, 4:00pm
an arbitrary number of geeky sides

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
The Original Pen-and-Paper Fantasy

MW Fantasy Football - Forum
Miscellaneous

Game Description:

It's just about time for one of the most popular pen-and-paper fantasy games of all time!

This is a true classic pen-and-paper fantasy game, lovingly crafted into the world famous game we all know and love today. Dozens of similar games have been created as a result of the popularity of this game, but the original has only grown in popularity since its creation in 1963.

We're not talking about Dungeons & Dragons; that came around ten years later, as did the golden age of wargaming. No, this is the game where fantasy gaming meets the real world in real time, the game that invented a genre: Fantasy Football.

You, the players, will each draft a team of active players from the National Football League. As the NFL season progresses, your team earns points based on the actual production of the players on your fantasy team, earning wins and losses to determine which teams advance to the playoffs, and ultimately, one victor at the end of the year.

Are you up to the challenge?

We are looking for at least 10 managers, with room for up to 16. It will be a friendly but competitive game, running from the beginning of September to culminate in a championship matchup a day or two before Christmas.

Relevant details, with more information available in the game forum

• Live standard draft, with pre-ranked autodraft option
  • Head-to-head matchups
  • Single-elimination playoff bracket with week 16 championship
  • Yahoo! scoring, 0.5 PPR
  • $100 FAAB waiver budget ($0 bids allowed)
  • Annual redraft (no keepers)

It's "laces out" to the next level ... although I think the kicker has the least to worry about

Oh i don't know....

If i had to pick between running accross a football field with an injured foot or an injured arm/hands (from catching) i know what my preference would be.