Notices

An Unusual Add

Old Dec 5 '18, 10:23am
Pattermind

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
An Unusual Add

A Writing Symbiosis Hub - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Please create thread in the Application folder.

I am looking for people that can post fairly frequently, and have some undeveloped campaign and character ideas that they would like to explore.

It is fine if you haven't DM'd before, but you will have to do it someday.

Game Description:

This game is a "Hub" of sorts for the general discussion of the circle of games the users here will run.

Allow me to explain.

It is a permutation on an idea i have seen once on the forum. Number of actors doesn't have to be three partners, but the basic point i am trying to get at is best seen with three players. It goes something like this:

1. Three people get together on the forum(A, B, and C).

2. A starts a campaign, in which the other two are players in. B and C then decide which campaign they'd like to play in, and the GM gives suggestions based on his capabilities. Let's say, the players decide on a DnD High Fantasy game, centered around roleplay. The GM then says that 5e looks like a good system for it, and the campaign begins.

3. As the game goes on, the players of the first campaign start their own games for the GM of the first game, and the other player involved. B starts a Space Opera, and C starts a Cyberpunk Drama, because the other two have voted for them in both cases. These can be played in after, or at the same time as the High Fantasy game that A has started.

4. As a result, three campaigns have been formed:

DnD High Fantasy - [GM: A; Players: B,C;]
Space Opera - [GM: B; Players: A,C;]
Cyberpunk Drama - [GM: C; Players: A,B;]

5. As a result of this circuar exchange, all players have played the games they want, and have had the opportunity to GM and express themselves througth creating a world for the others to play around in.

Obvoiusly, this is probably going to be a high-commitment(or, at least, higher commitment than most PbP games), so i'm just going to throw this out there, see who sticks, and try to make the best of the game.

I would 100% sign up, so long as it was small groups.

For example, the core group being A, B, and C means there are two players per game as is.
With the added difficulty of being in three games at a time, having a bunch of other players might be problematic.

That being said, the other GMs can run however many they would like.

Ill whip up an application thing in a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrandirst View Post
I wanted to toss a vote in the "Cool idea!" category.
I'll second this, I've thought a couple times now since joining this site that it would be fun to find a dedicated group from the site with similar posting frequency and play styles to have a regular series of games with. At this point though, I'm still very new to this type of gaming and I don't think I have the experience or skills to offer what this group requires. Good luck though, hope it works out well for you.

Experience and skills are both developed stuff.

My first game was one where I DM'd. Turned a half paragraph of a structured quest into a four hour highjack-the-space-ship shitshow, because the players did not get (and I did not explain well enough) the fact that all they had to do was ask the captain a simple question.

One of the best games I have ever played.

Seriously, the hardest part of DMing is thinking on your feet and writing a fun story. If you use an adventure path to get your feet wet it takes the writing difficulty down quite a bit and PBP games make thinking on your feet a non-issue.

That's a good point, though, I would be a bit concerned about the over extending myself. I'm currently in 4 different games now and I really have no barometer for what kind of time commitment DM'ing a game comes with. I'll think about it a bit and watch the chat's and applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfool View Post
Jesus.

That would be wayyy to much.

That would be 6 games you would be in, and DMing one.
Yea, that's what I was thinking, I'll take your opinion as confirmation I was correct. It looks like there is at least three of you already anyways, so hopefully you'll have some success with it, but I'll certainly consider something like this in the future when I'm in fewer games.