Notices

D&D Adventurers League

Old Aug 21 '18, 12:13am
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 465 Post(s)
D&D Adventurers League

Adventurers League Games - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Adventurers League Games are the ongoing official campaigns for Dungeons & Dragons played here on Myth-Weavers. Join a table with a new character or bring your existing, valid Adventurers League character here to play. You'll have the opportunity to play in many modules run by various DMs or hunker down and play in one of the Hardcover campaigns.

Season 8 is under way
Travel to Waterdeep where a fantastic treasure trove is yours for the taking.
(now playing)
~ or ~
Journey to Eberron which embraces swashbuckling action and pulp adventure and adds a layer of neo-noir intrigue.
(late September)

Tables are first-come, first-seated, no "application" process. You just need to have a valid Adventurers League character ready for play.

Looking to get into a game?
Want to DM Adventurers League Games?
New Tables opening up regularly! Now running:

Game Description:

~~~

The D&D Adventurers League is an ongoing official campaign for Dungeons & Dragons. It uses the fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons rules, and features the Forgotten Realms setting, and now Eberron in Season 8. You can play D&D Adventurers League games literally anywhere. Players use the fifth edition rules to create a character and bring that character to games anywhere D&D Adventurers League play is happening.

More information about D&D Adventurers League

Last edited by Poor_Knight; Nov 25 '18 at 9:06pm..
In case you find yourself on the fence while reading through these posts, I'd just like to let you know what's currently available as far as Season 8 / new D&D Campaign offerings go.

Waterdeep: Dragon Heist (1st - 5th level)
QJ Autumn w/ DM QuirkyJoe: Accepting 5 players as of Sept. 20 / 18
QJ Winter w/ DM QuirkyJoe: Accepting 5 players as of Sept. 20 / 18

Well, now, with ByronDnD's testimony, I think I'm also swayed! The Tyranny of Dragons group my sister was running sort of petered out, and so did the Yawning Portal group I was in elsewhere...I do think this might be right for me!

This is neat! I want in. Question, does it matter what season you start in? If I start a new character can I jump into any open spot, or do you need to start in season 1?

Very cool, thanks.

I'm reading/working my way through the instructions and rules now on creating a character. Excited to play through some adventures in the Forgotten Realms setting, not as familiar with Eberron, but I'm sure it is great to.

It's not as complicated as the rules might make it seem. Just create a first level PC using the PHB and only one other book (your +1 resource). You'll figure out the rest as you go

I'm still really new to the world of table top roleplaying games, just got into my first one here in the last week (not a D&D game) and I have no previous experience either in person or online, so a lot of it is just familiarizing myself with the core rules, but I'm not to worried about it. I only know the Forgotten Realms from the books. Excited to jump in.

Oh sweet - then yes, a little more time familiarizing yourself is probably a good idea. Feel free to ask questions on the forum - people will be happy to help.

I have a few questions, really only two that may have questions folded into them.

First, how is the atmosphere within the AL community? Is it toxic? I'm asking mainly because I've experienced so much toxicity in gaming as a whole in the last several years, I'm not up for hanging around in a toxic environment but if it's handled accordingly, I'll hang out.

Second, when you say PHB + 1, does that include SCAG since the games are held in the Forgotten Realms setting?

Nope, no toxicity here. Players and DMs have all been wonderful.

SCAG would be a +1, it's not used by default. Only the PHB is.