Return of the Runelords

Old Sep 5 '18, 7:40pm
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Return of the Runelords

Return of the Runelords - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion

RETURN OF THE RUNELORDS

Welcome to the Return of the Runelords Adventure Path! I am your host Kelly, also known as Moon Knight, after the best superhero in Marvel history (next to Mar-Vell, but he’s dead), and after thoroughly reading the first AP of this game, and having played (and GM’ed) both Rise of the Runelords and Shattered Star, both of which this is a sequel of sort to, I’ve decided to give this a try. I’ve been lurking, but this will be my first time DM’ing in a play by post setting. I’m hoping everyone will give me an opportunity.

Now, for the heart of what I am looking for:
  • Level: 1st Level. 20 point buy, or you can roll 3d6, re-roll 1’s for your stats. If you choose rolling, you CAN choose the point buy if you didn’t like your rolls.
  • Races: Any Official Paizo races, except drow.
  • Classes: Any Official Paizo classes, including unchained. If you pick Summoner or Monk, they MUST be the Unchained versions.
  • Archetypes: Any Official Paizo ones. You may have more than one, as long as they do not interfere with one another.
  • Gold: You may take the average gold for your class, OR you may roll it. If you roll it, you MUST take what you roll. High risk, high reward.
  • Traits: 2 allowed. I would normally say that you must take a campaign trait, but the Players Guide has not been released. You cannot take two of the same kind of traits (no 2 combat traits, for example)
  • Flaws: 1 allowed, and this will give you another trait. This 3rd trait CAN be a similar type to the first two you picked.
  • Feat Tax: No. Rules As Written.
  • Background Skills: Yes.
  • Posting Guidelines: I’d LOVE to have people post every day, but I also understand real life. I would prefer 3 times a week. More would be fantastic.

What I want from applications is a direct connection to Rodric’s Cove, the setting for the first part of the adventure. There needs to be a reason to be there, and a reason you want the town to still be safe – some sort of concrete connection. You might be FROM the town, or have relatives in the town. Something that drew you here, and makes you want to see it safe from harm.

Aside from that and no evil, submit whom you want. I will take the best 4 or 5 (if I get that many submissions) and we’ll get started.

Submit characters on the forum board under the sub-folder “Applications”. Questions, let me know. I hope to hear from everyone soon!

Game Description:

When one Runelord rose from his slumber, the frontier nation of Varisia shook with his power, and it took a band of heroes to save the world. Yet there remained six other runelords, and now the most wrathful of them all has woken! As the runelords waken one after another, the dangers and perils faced by past heroes pale in comparison.

When a mysterious and fearful ghost manifests on the streets of Roderic’s Cove at the same time the town’s gangs use the runes and legacies of ancient Thassilonian tyrants for their own ends, a new band of heroes must rise to save Varisia, and perhaps the world, from the return of the Runelords!

Last edited by MoonKnight; Sep 6 '18 at 4:49pm..
Might consider applying, although I haven’t done Shattered Star. I have DMd RotRL though.

More importantly, awesome name! Moon Knight is my second favorite Marvel character too. Only Nova (Rich Rider) surpasses him for me. I own every single issue that MK has appeared in though.

Ooh, this looks fun! Do you have a deadline for applications in mind? I'm definitely interested, but it'd be nice to know long we've got to work on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tparks View Post
Might consider applying, although I haven’t done Shattered Star. I have DMd RotRL though.

More importantly, awesome name! Moon Knight is my second favorite Marvel character too. Only Nova (Rich Rider) surpasses him for me. I own every single issue that MK has appeared in though.
Nova ... BAH!

Seriously, I dig Richard Ryder too. The run by Abnett and Lanning was fantastic.

You don't have to have played Rise or Shattered Star, but the events in both of those games affect this one. It doesn't require any knowledge of the previous AP's.

i don't have Werewolf By Night #32. If you do, I'm jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Jenny View Post
Ooh, this looks fun! Do you have a deadline for applications in mind? I'm definitely interested, but it'd be nice to know long we've got to work on things.
No hard deadline. I'd like to get started within the next week and a half, but I'm waiting on the Players Guide currently.

Sounds awesome Hoping to have a wizard up by tomorrow, first I'd play one in PF. I've played a lot of roles in PF, but not any arcane that got off the ground. Hope to see him in this one

Player's Guide is out, as of the last 3 hours or so. And yeah, finished Shattered Star a few months ago and everything I've seen on this looks really good.

http://paizo.com/products/btq01su5?P...-Players-Guide

Huh I didnt think there were any books out for this yet... Sounds great though!

Hello moon knight. I have both GM and Played Rise of the Runelords so I have an idea of what might happen. Though only played one session shatter star so this will be mixed blessing. However Depending on what everyone wants to build I can either Have a Rogue, A Barbarian, Or an Illusionist Wizard on stand by for application if interested in having me as a player for this modulate