Return of the Runelords

Old Sep 5 '18, 7:40pm
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Return of the Runelords

Return of the Runelords - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion

RETURN OF THE RUNELORDS

Welcome to the Return of the Runelords Adventure Path! I am your host Kelly, also known as Moon Knight, after the best superhero in Marvel history (next to Mar-Vell, but he’s dead), and after thoroughly reading the first AP of this game, and having played (and GM’ed) both Rise of the Runelords and Shattered Star, both of which this is a sequel of sort to, I’ve decided to give this a try. I’ve been lurking, but this will be my first time DM’ing in a play by post setting. I’m hoping everyone will give me an opportunity.

Now, for the heart of what I am looking for:
  • Level: 1st Level. 20 point buy, or you can roll 3d6, re-roll 1’s for your stats. If you choose rolling, you CAN choose the point buy if you didn’t like your rolls.
  • Races: Any Official Paizo races, except drow.
  • Classes: Any Official Paizo classes, including unchained. If you pick Summoner or Monk, they MUST be the Unchained versions.
  • Archetypes: Any Official Paizo ones. You may have more than one, as long as they do not interfere with one another.
  • Gold: You may take the average gold for your class, OR you may roll it. If you roll it, you MUST take what you roll. High risk, high reward.
  • Traits: 2 allowed. I would normally say that you must take a campaign trait, but the Players Guide has not been released. You cannot take two of the same kind of traits (no 2 combat traits, for example)
  • Flaws: 1 allowed, and this will give you another trait. This 3rd trait CAN be a similar type to the first two you picked.
  • Feat Tax: No. Rules As Written.
  • Background Skills: Yes.
  • Posting Guidelines: I’d LOVE to have people post every day, but I also understand real life. I would prefer 3 times a week. More would be fantastic.

What I want from applications is a direct connection to Rodric’s Cove, the setting for the first part of the adventure. There needs to be a reason to be there, and a reason you want the town to still be safe – some sort of concrete connection. You might be FROM the town, or have relatives in the town. Something that drew you here, and makes you want to see it safe from harm.

Aside from that and no evil, submit whom you want. I will take the best 4 or 5 (if I get that many submissions) and we’ll get started.

Submit characters on the forum board under the sub-folder “Applications”. Questions, let me know. I hope to hear from everyone soon!

Game Description:

When one Runelord rose from his slumber, the frontier nation of Varisia shook with his power, and it took a band of heroes to save the world. Yet there remained six other runelords, and now the most wrathful of them all has woken! As the runelords waken one after another, the dangers and perils faced by past heroes pale in comparison.

When a mysterious and fearful ghost manifests on the streets of Roderic’s Cove at the same time the town’s gangs use the runes and legacies of ancient Thassilonian tyrants for their own ends, a new band of heroes must rise to save Varisia, and perhaps the world, from the return of the Runelords!

Last edited by MoonKnight; Sep 6 '18 at 4:49pm..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tparks View Post
You know how people always say Moon Knight is a Batman ripoff? This is kind of interesting, but Miller actually did some work on Moon Knight BEFORE writing the Dark Knight. Moon Knight was the dark caped hero, that possibly inspired the modern day Batman, and not the other way around. That blew my mind when I found that out.
Moon Knight is a fractured hero. He's not whole. It's how I picture Batman would be, with modern-style writing. That an the Egyptian themed background makes him very cool in my book.

You know, with the popularity of the MCU movie franchise, I hadn't looked into some of it's other offerings until you mentioned it (Moon Knight). I'd hope my little knowledge of it doesn't hinder my chances, but yes, I'll be putting forth an app as well!

Nice work MK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Star View Post
You know, with the popularity of the MCU movie franchise, I hadn't looked into some of it's other offerings until you mentioned it (Moon Knight). I'd hope my little knowledge of it doesn't hinder my chances, but yes, I'll be putting forth an app as well!

Nice work MK.
Moon Knight, if written well, has ALOT of potential. Plus his costume is just plain cool.

Agreed. The costume is pretty much perfect.

I remember when Moon Knight teamed up with Nova, Darkhawk, the Punisher and Spiderman, all to take down Carnage I believe. That may well have been the coolest story arc of my entire childhood.

His look is awesome, so I was surprised when I ended up loving the Mr Knight look too. I never wanted his costume to change, but when it did, I still loved it.

Deadline for applications will be this Friday, September 14, at 11:59 EST. We have some applications already, but I would love to have more options.

@Raistlinmc you're probably thinking of Maximum Carnage, which had the cojones to last 14 issues despite Carnage having the totally worthless supporting crew of Carrion, Shriek, the Demogoblin, and the Doppelganger Spider-Man from (shudder) Infinity War.

It's funny to look back on that and see how much of a second-tier character Captain America was in 1992 (or the rest of the Avengers, really). Today's Captain America would probably beat any of those guys with the possible exception of Carnage, but back then Cap was unpopular and his series was full of forgettable stories while Spider-Man had FIVE series going at the time we're talking about - Amazing, Spectacular, Adjective-Free, Web Of, and Unlimited.

That's totally what I'm thinking of. Thanks!

I haven't done any play by posts, but i've done a lot of irl pathfinder, i would love to join your game and learn. I am usually a barbarian or bard or theif, or combinations of those three

I am 100% interested in applying to play in your game. I've played PbP on the Paizo forums, and through various only boards, but never here!

Assuming you both have interest and a deadline to get started =D