Notices

Looking for more players for Bronwend

Old Sep 27 '18, 8:49pm
Wyrm

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Looking for more players for Bronwend

The Last Days of the Kingdom of Bronwend - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

We've had some ebbing over time and the game is down to 3 players. I'd like to add a 2-3 more.

So far, goblins have assaulted a village and freed a vampire from his tomb. The party has left in search of the magical relic that kept the vampire entombed. They found the goblin village, but there were too many goblins for them to capture the relic. instead, they have a prisoner and are fleeing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Ad
What brings you to this corner at the edge of civilization?

The small, inconsequential kingdom of Bronwend sits at the end of civilization, a remote place with little to offer the world. At the remotest end of the kingdom is the small village of Carlsby, where the PCs find themselves. It's a great place to get away, if you're running from something. There's said a guide can be found in Carlsby, one who is willing to take travelers through the treacherous, monster-filled Dareke Mountains to Cornadell. Or maybe the Dwarves Fair has brought you, eager to earn money?

Bronwend would be nothing, just another petty kingdom in a remote corner at the edge of Civilized Arelas, were it not for the occasional trade fair when the dwarves of the nearby Dareke Caverns come out of their isolated halls for one week to sell their highly sought after crafts. That fair brings merchants, collectors, and wizards from all over Arelas, from the rich cities of the east and south. The years in between the fair, however, are lean and empty of visitors. Now, a trade fair has been announced in a few months time, the first in three years.

But it comes at a time when Bronwend appears to be collapsing. Kolensdarby, a milltown in the kingdom's north, has broken away following a rebellion. Kirkthorpe, the only sizable population center since Kolensdarby and a coinage town, has more crumbling buildings than it does thriving businesses. Spotswood Hall, the ancestral home of the Heeren of Spotswood, has been empty for years, rumors of dark hauntings driving away any visitors. The current king, Thorm of the House of Brom, is a young warrior but does that mean he can rule effectively? And can he, or anyone, guide Bronwend out of this slow collapse? Or will clever opportunists seize this moment to enrich themselves at the expense of the dying kingdom?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This game is being run in a homebrew gameworld I've spent decades working on. It was designed for Pathfinder, but I am planning to run it in 5th edition. I'm happy to switch back to Pathfinder is applicants prefer that. There are few game rules and context specific to my world, which can be found in the races and classes section. Additionally, I have a lot of background information on this gameworld, some of which is provided here. I'm providing this because I want a rich role-playing experience. This game is set to be an adventure, with the usual expectations, but with a lot of potential for role-playing. It will probably involve some in-world politics, so be sure that's the game you want. Reading the gameworld material and using it in your application is sure to impress me.

Races

Other races will be considered, but I prefer the standard ones.

Classes (written for Pathfinder or 5th Edition)

Other classes, including hybrids, will always be considered, so long as I have access to a description.

Religions

Full size version of the continental map – very big file

Link to Gameworld Encyclopedia

Link to Gameworld Timeline

Game Description:

What brings you to this corner at the edge of civilization?

The small, inconsequential kingdom of Bronwend sits at the end of civilization, a remote place with little to offer the world. At the remotest end of the kingdom is the small village of Carlsby, where the PCs find themselves. It's a great place to get away, if you're running from something. There's said a guide can be found in Carlsby, one who is willing to take travelers through the treacherous, monster-filled Dareke Mountains to Cornadell. Or maybe the Dwarves Fair has brought you, eager to earn money?

Bronwend would be nothing, just another petty kingdom in a remote corner at the edge of Civilized Arelas, were it not for the occasional trade fair when the dwarves of the nearby Dareke Caverns come out of their isolated halls for one week to sell their highly sought after crafts. That fair brings merchants, collectors, and wizards from all over Arelas, from the rich cities of the east and south. The years in between the fair, however, are lean and empty of visitors. Now, a trade fair has been announced in a few months time, the first in three years.

But it comes at a time when Bronwend appears to be collapsing. Kolensdarby, a milltown in the kingdom's north, has broken away following a rebellion. Kirkthorpe, the only sizable population center since Kolensdarby and a coinage town, has more crumbling buildings than it does thriving businesses. Spotswood Hall, the ancestral home of the Heeren of Spotswood, has been empty for years, rumors of dark hauntings driving away any visitors. The current king, Thorm of the House of Brom, is a young warrior but does that mean he can rule effectively? And can he, or anyone, guide Bronwend out of this slow collapse? Or will clever opportunists seize this moment to enrich themselves at the expense of the dying kingdom?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This game is being run in a homebrew gameworld I've spent decades working on. I designed it for Pathfinder but am planning to run it in 5th Edition. If Pathfinder is preferred by most applicants, I am happy to go with it. There are few game rules and context specific to my world, which can be found in the races and classes section. Additionally, I have a lot of background information on this gameworld, some of which is provided here. I'm providing this because I want a rich role-playing experience. This game is set to be an adventure, with the usual expectations, but with a lot of potential for role-playing. It will probably involve some in-world politics, so be sure that's the game you want. Reading the gameworld material and using it in your application is sure to impress me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJET View Post
Would a Rogue Spider-Man be too out there? :P
It’s a bit too much of a schtick for my tastes. You’d need a real good backstory to go with that. Sorry.

Here's a start. Gotta go pack and get ready to leave for Capclave (our local con). Will add more (Ideals, Bonds, etc) when I get back.

Name: Dragos Draper
Class: Cleric of Heila the Free
Alignment: CG

Personality
Dragos believes in having fun and taking chances. He rarely plans and prefers to let things happen how they will. He always tries to enjoy himself and finds amusement in life itself. He believes in ‘going with the flow’. When things go bad, he does not get angry, but accepts the way things are going (in fact he often laughs at himself in these situations). After all, life is what it is, it doesn’t mean that you always win. Such is the way of the world. When a decision is needed, he will usually make fast, snap decisions, based on a whim. If a decision doesn’t pop into his mind immediately, he will laugh, and leave it to chance; rolling dice or flipping a coin.

Description
Dragos is a tall, slender man - 6’2” and 175 lbs. His aquiline nose, long black hair, and flowing black mustache give him a somewhat severe look. This look is rapidly countered by the amusement in his eyes, his ready smile, and quick laugh. He tends to wear dark clothing with a few flashes of purples or reds

Background
Dragos’s family are successful wool merchants in the port city of Nolath. His older brother, Brent, was born early in the marriage. Eight years later Dragos came along. His mother doted on him and, perhaps, spoiled him a bit during his early years. As time went by, Brent grew into his place as the heir of a fairly large and successful family business. Dragos, however, never showed much interest in business. He was given a minor position in the firm (as befits the second son of a merchant family) but was not to be found at the warehouse very often.

Dragos spent most of his younger years hanging out with a “bad crowd”. Actually, hanging out is not quite the correct term. Leading the crowd is closer to the truth. He loved gambling, drinking, and women. His father disapproved and kept trying to get him to take more interest in the business, to no avail. One thing, however, kept the rift between Dragos and his father from getting too large. The gambling did not cost the family money. Rather, Dragos usually came out ahead or at worst, just lost a little. Gambling became his main interest, but wine and women was a close second, however. While his good luck often caused problems in some of the seedier areas of the city he frequented, he learned to talk his way out of almost any difficulty.

As time went on, Dragos began to feel that his life had no direction. While he was having a great time, he felt aimless. One day, after winning too much money from the wrong people, Dragos found himself running through the alleyways with a group of three angry men after him. The years of dissipation had taken their toll, and Dragos did not have the endurance of the rapidly closing, well-armed, men. He found himself in a dead end. In a panic, he started trying the doors that opened on the alley. One was open. He quietly opened in and slipped inside. He could hear footsteps outside and muffled voices as he moved back into the dark room. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder and a whisper in his ear, “Duck behind this table. Now!”

Dragos did so, just as the door burst open. A figure moved past him to the men at the door. A strong voice demanded, “What are you doing coming into my shrine at this hour and interrupting my prayers? Shall I call down the wrath of Heila on you?” His pursuers cowered back as the man that Dragos now knew as a priest, shut and barred the door. As he lit a lamp, the priest laughed, “Did you see them run?”. He told Dragos he could come out and introduced himself as Colgan Churner, a priest of Heila, the Free. Dragos and Colgan talked through the night. As dawn broke, Dragos realized that he had found what he was looking for. The ways of the free, unfettered Goddess were the ways of his life. He knew then that he would leave the wool business for good and study to become a cleric of Heila.

That day he went to his father and told him of his decision. It did not go well. His father saw this as merely a way for Dragos to continue his old lifestyle under the guise of a religion. He told Dragos that if he did so, he would do it without the support or help of the Draper fortune. To his father’s surprise, Dragos laughed and said, “You’re right! That’s the way it needs to be. Just myself.” He made his way to his rooms and gathered up his armor and weapons, a couple of changes of clothes, and his mirror and comb (a gift from his mother). He then went and bid a tearful farewell to his mother, a confused goodbye with his brother, and headed off to his new life.

Description

Turbear Flintmaker
Mountain Dwarf Rouge 1
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Artisan (Brewer)
Diety: Baaaahhh, which one is serving Ale
Personality Traits
Personality Trait I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.

Ideals
Ideal Aspiration. I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.

Flaws
Flaw I can't help but pocket loose coins and other trinkets I come across.

Bonds
Bond You long for the ability to influence the world around you, whether that’s as small as a village or as large as a plane of reality.

Abilities
STR: 14 (+2)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 13 (+1)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 13 (+1)

Saves:
STR: 2
DEX: 4
CON: 1
INT: 4
WIS: 1
CHA: 1

Speed: 25 ft

INIT: + 2 = + 2 [dexterity]

HD: d8
HP: 9
AC: 15 = 10 + 3 [chain shirt] + 2 [dexterity]

Proficiency Bonus: +2

Melee Attack: + 4 = + 2 [strength] + 2 [proficiency]

Ranged Attack: + 4 = + 2 [dexterity] + 2 [proficiency]

Racial & Class Features and Proficiencies
Race Traits
  • Darkvision. Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
  • Dwarven Resilience. You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.
    Dwarven Combat Training. You have proficiency with the battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, and warhammer.
  • Tool Proficiency. You gain proficiency with the artisan's tools of your choice: smith's tools, brewer's supplies, or mason's tools.
  • Stonecunning. Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
  • Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish. Dwarvish is full of hard consonants and guttural sounds, and those characteristics spill over into whatever other language a dwarf might speak.
Class Features
  • Expertise - At 1st level, choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with thieves' tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.
    At 6th level, you can choose two more of your proficiencies (in skills or with thieves' tools) to gain this benefit.
  • Sneak Attack
    Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.
    You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
    The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.
  • Thieves' Cant
    During your rogue training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.
    In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.

Background Features
Artisan: Smith tools, Brewing
Persuasion, Intimidation

Proficiencies
  • Brewers tools
  • Masons tools
  • thieves tools

Equipment
Arms & Armor
  • Unarmed strike [+4 to hit; 1+2 bludgeoning]
  • 2 Daggers [+4 to hit; 1d4+2 piercing, 1 lb, finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60)]
  • Short Bow [+4 to hit; 1d6+2 piercing, 2 lb, ammunition (range 80, 320), two-handed]
  • Short Sword [+4 to hit; 1d6+2 piercing, 2 lb, finesse, light]
  • Chain shirt [medium; + 3 AC; max dex + 2; 20 lb.]
Misc. Items
  • Other Items Here...

Money: STARTING MONEY

Physical DescriptionHeight:
Weight: 150lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Skills
Skills

2 = 2 Athletics Strength
2 = 2 Acrobatics Dexterity
2 = 2 Sleight of Hand Dexterity
4 = 2+2 Stealth Dexterity
1 = 1 Arcana Intelligence
3 = 1+2 History Intelligence
1 = 1 Investigation Intelligence
1 = 1 Nature Intelligence
5 = 1+2 + 2 [expertise] Religion Intelligence
1 = 1 Animal Handling Wisdom
4 = 2+2 Insight Wisdom
4 = 2+2 Medicine Wisdom
2 = 2 Perception Wisdom
2 = 2 Survival Wisdom
2 = 2 Deception Charisma
3 = 1+2 Intimidation Charisma
1 = 1 Performance Charisma
1 = 1 Persuasion Charisma

Insight (passive): 13 (18 with advantage)
Investigation (passive): 14 (19 with advantage)
Perception (passive): 11 (16 with advantage)

Languages:
  • Common
  • Dwarvish
  • Goblin
  • Thieves' Cant Common

Background
Turbear Flintmaker was born in a small dwarven enclave on the outskirts of the old Dwarven homeland, what was the dwarven homeland in the past. He, his parents, and his two older brothers and a sister fled as a horde invaded, driving them out. In their travels Turbear saw lots of new and different things. Curiosity is not one of the dwarven ideals, but he was curious about the world around them. People, places, food, girls. You know the list of usual things that attract a young man’s fancy. Did I also mention their money? We must not forget that. Add a bit of dwarven greed, with a bit of curiosity, a desire to learn, and poverty resulting from fleeing. This pulled him into a different life, one of risk and adventure. Along with a short stint in a human jail for a year set him out on his own. Yes, it had to do with a girl, a young human girl at that.

Now the Flintmaker’s can trace their roots back through the time of the dwarven kings. A noble family of artisans and merchants mainly brewers, blacksmiths, and shop keeps. The family has been guild members for the last 500 years. They were honorable, hardworking people. His father would tell him that the blood of at least three dwarven kings flows in Turbear’s body. The fact that is it is fairly diluted is ignored.

There were three places that Turbear could be found. The first was at his Grand father’s tavern. He learned to brew from his Grandfather. His favorite was dwarven ale, the nectar of the gods. He learned to brew some other alcohol also. The second place was in his father’s blacksmith shop. Being the third son, he spent a lot of time working the bellows and fetching fresh water to quench and temper the hot metal objects his father made. He learned the basics of working the metal and making small items, the two daggers he carries are his own work. There is some fancy scroll work on them, to which his father said was a waste of time.

As the family traveled Turbear meet Ani Lukerson. She is a red headed beauty with curly locks, bright blue eyes and an angelic smile. She was Turbear’s first love. The problem was she didn’t love him. She liked him. But love is a fickle thing when it comes to young girls. But she is the one that got him started on a life of crime and the reason that he spent a year in a human jail. When his family moved on with out him, being in jail was not part of the Flintmaker’s view of acceptable life, Turbear took up a life of crime in order to eat and trying to win Ani’s affection. This brought him into the local thieves’ guild.

Turbear is not your normal dwarf. His encounters with Ani and the thieves’ guild, two older brothers and a blacksmith father helped Turbear withdraw into himself in a way. Dwarven temper can cause you a lot of trouble, being beaten in jail also helped him to hide his temper and Ani taught him to hide his joy. Turbear tries to appear cool, calm, and collected.

Turbear is loyal to his friends, as is the dwarven way. He will stand by them through thick or thin. From the guild, he has learned that everyone gets a share. That does not mean equal shares, but everyone gets something. He is okay with this as he does not like remembering living in poverty and being hungry.

Hi,
I would love to play first time on here but playing 5e for about 3 years now on and off. I can play a druid rogue or Paladin

Desah the Paladin application

Character Sheet can be found here: http://ddb.ac/characters/5486490/RBPLI3

I chose Shadar- kai for a race due to my background. I see Raven Queen is not of the god's listed if I am chosen we can work with the changing some aspects of background and god to confirm with environment and setting.

I was a former guard for Noble xxxx. While on a caravan I was tasked with protecting a wealthy client's daughter and we were ambushed. I survived the ambush but the rest of the caravan was killed 10 total. The daughter was kidnapped and ransomed. A ransom demand for the daughter was requested. Noble xxx agreed to pay the ransom. Once payment was received the daughter was returned dead. As it turns out the other guards were part of a well organized crime syndicate. The plan was for me to die and leave incriminating evidence on me that I was the leader of this criminal syndicate. I was the primary suspect since I was the only one to survive the ambush. During the investigation other members of the guard where missing. The noble was out for blood and an investigation was launched. As a Paladin of Tyr I swore my innocence to my god which went unanswered. To the Noble and the rest of the house it proved I was guilty and I was put to the pyre.
My Soul made it's way to the Raven Queen who gave me a chance to exact revenge and get even with those who betrayed me and set me up.

Once I reach rank 3 I will take the Oath of Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwunder View Post
Hi,
I would love to play first time on here but playing 5e for about 3 years now on and off. I can play a druid rogue or Paladin
There is a paladin in the group already. You should read the game details to see the status of druids.

Character: Avery Merrick
Class: Cleric
Alignment: Lawful Good (debatable)

Backstory: Avery Merrick was born into the family of an impoverished, yet still relatively wealthy, noble in the city of Kirkthorpe. His father, Bremman Merrick, owns the remnants of a once bustling flax business his ancestors had built in the city. Bremman venerates most circle gods, but especially so the god Sullam, the Patron of Merchants, believing Sullam would enable him to reconquer his previous wealth and status. Whether his faith was an honest one, or simply lust and desperation for the wealth of old, was never known by Avery. Bremman was well groomed and always wore jewellery and extravagant, colourful clothes, mostly as a masquerade of his familys former wealth. Averys mother, Potema Merrick, was a painter, who saw success in her early years, but soon lost her fame as the citys appreciation for art was suppressed by squalor. Bremman believed that devoting his son to the gods would bring him into favour with the gods. Therefore, at the age of six, Avery became an apprentice of the Mystic Circle, where he was taught for over thirty others.

Avery was never the most magically skilled in his class, and never the strongest or fastest. His teachers found him too cocky and impatient, resulting in him almost being kicked out, if not for his father's intervention who used his last bit of influence to keep Avery in the Circle. Avery became frustrated and jealous that his attitude was so appalling to his superiors, since he was just trying to prove himself. His classmates were praised for their bravery in combat training and at the same time patience and restraint of their powers outside of battle.

Avery knew he would never outshine his comrades with arcane skills or ferocity in combat, so rather he focused on discipline and knowledge. Avery spent countless nights in the local library, shuffling through old books and scrolls, learning all he could of history, politics, magic and combat. Through years of self-education the boy mastered himself, expanded his knowledge and ultimately learned patience. Avery studied the downfall of the elves by The Horde extensively, trying to understand how the elves were either blind to their own undoing or just simply stood idly by as it happened. The Elves seemed like wondrous creatures with an advanced and cultured civilization, so how could they ever allow such a thing to happen? Avery saw parallels in the Elves waning years to the decadence of his own home of Kirkthorpe, and Bronwend as a whole. This has always been a point of worry for Avery, but his inexperience and lack of understanding of politics and economics prevented him of trying to solve it in earnest. Avery wishes to bring Kirkthorpe back into wealth and to restore Bronwend to its former glory. He does not wish to do this for personal gain, unlike his father, but in the firm belief that any form of life is not worth existing if it isn’t done so in the name of the Mystic Circle. For that, the Kingdoms who follow the circle must be unchallenged in Arelas. Avery studied the Land and Meet system used by the hunter gatherers of the North, and believed it to be wise to adapt a similar system to Bronwend. Another point of interest for Avery was the Igimn. The theology of the Igimn seemed unthinkable, and downright abhorrent to Avery, who grew up believing firmly in the Gods of the Circle. This was not a sentiment Avery often shared. His style of fighting changed. In the training, Avery adopted a reactive approach to combat, concentrating on defending and waiting for his opponents to get out of breath or make a mistake; only then would Avery go on the offensive, scoring a fast and decisive hit on his tired and frustrated comrades. No longer would Avery make mistakes through brash actions.

Over time, his beliefs changed as well. For his age, Avery was quite educated, and took to the philosophy of keeping the natural order of the world, especially in regard to life and death. He fully embraced the teachings of Artema. He believed all should be brought under the light of Artemas Sun. The study of the Kruke War left a mark on the young man, too. Anything that might threaten the stability of the world must be eliminated. In a stable and perfect world there is no room for degeneracies, such as dark magic, corruption or greed, as these were surely what tore the elves asunder, and is threatening to do the same to Bronwend, Avery was, and to some extent still is convinced of this. Members of the Circle and Kirkthorpe in general would often speak of alleged evil necromancers infiltrating all facets of society, bringing pestilence and ruin to the civilized peoples, much like what happened to the Lasraian Kingdoms of old. A hatred for necromancy and all undead grew in the young man. Whether the undead were really to blame or not was never fully confirmed, but Avery swore to wipe out any necrotic creatures, wherever on Arelas they may be found.

At the age of 18, every student would get a master who would personally take over their education and look after the apprentices. Averys behaviour in his early years was not forgotten but his newly found patience and discipline was noted, and he was reluctantly accepted as an apprentice by a 47-year-old woman named Ygris Arten. With his new master, he travelled the world to gain hands-on experience of good and evil, as well as the art of combat. At the age of 26, his master decided he was ready to go his own way. Avery received an offer to join the Sword Templars and gladly accepted as his next step to complete his duty. Avery still read a lot and fought with patience and calmness. He was still not the best fighter or the most powerful caster of his former comrades, but his understanding of his own abilities and insight into the weaknesses of his enemies allowed him to come out victorious from most fights. Avery takes great pride in turning himself from a cocky, and downright arrogant, boy into a composed, well-mannered and educated man, but this too, is a feeling Avery does not often share.

And so, at the age of 34, Avery has grown into a relatively seasoned Cleric of the Circle and continues to uphold the views he held as a youngster, as well as that of his God, Artema. At an average height and build, Avery maintains good hygiene, his brown hair combed to the left, and a well maintained and trimmed beard that goes from ear to ear. He wears full plate for protection, funded by his reasonably privileged upbringing, and a shield and mace, supplied by the Circle. He enjoys a reasonable amount of luxury but does not flaunt his wealth around, and will not hesitate to jump into a mess if he believes his intervention is required. Beard oils, a hair comb and trimming scissors are kept in his pouches at all times, and will tend to his facial hair daily.

About me as a player: I am pretty new to DnD, having played 5e and 3.5 for one and a half years now. I enjoy RPing the most about DnD, but also love political intrigue and worldbuilding. Combat is fun too, if done correctly, and if there is context to the fighting. I do still have quite a bit to learn when it comes to DnD.

ps. I know I missed a bunch of apostrophes in my writing, but its because they appeared as random symbols on my preview, so I took them all out.

Also, I am aware that there may be things in the backstory that go against what you intended for the world. This, of course, can be changed in the chars backstory.

Gallus Lead-Belly The Barbarian

Description

Gallus Lead-belly
Human (variant) Barbarian LVL: 1
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Soldier/artisan
Diety: Chauntea
Personality Traits
Personality Trait- I'm always polite and respectful. I'm full of inspiring and cautionary tales from my military experience whether they be relevant or not. I am a gentle giant and prefer pacifism to violence.

Ideals
Ideal- There's a reason I'm good at what I do, I pay attention to the details.

Flaws
Flaw- I enjoy the open road. Underground and tight spaces make me very nervous. I am also a nice guy, but push me to anger and you won't live to see tomorrow.

Bonds
Bond -The Soldiery are mostly good guys who understand the importance of protecting the roads. The City Watch is who you have to look out for. If they are inspecting your goods, get ready to pay a fine. I got a lot of old war buddies in the corps.

Abilities

STR: 16 / +3
DEX: 10 / +0
CON: 16 / +3
INT: 8 / -1
WIS: 10 / +0
CHA: 12 / +1

Saves:
STR +5
DEX +0
CON +5
INT -1
WIS +0
CHA +1

Speed: 30 ft

INIT: +0
HD: 1D12
HP: 17/ 17
AC: 13

Proficiency Bonus: +2

Melee Attack:
Brass knuckles: 1D20+5, 1D4+3
Ranged Attack:
None

Skills
Skills

+0 Acrobatics (Dex)
+0 Animal Handling (Wis)
-1 Arcana (Int)
+5 Athletics (Str)
+1 Deception (Cha)
-1 History (Int)
+0 Insight (Wis)
+3 Intimidation (Cha)
-1 Investigation (Int)
+0 Medicine (Wis)
-1 Nature (Int)
+0 Perception (Wis)
+1 Performance (Cha)
+3 Persuasion (Cha)
-1 Religion (Int)
+0 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
+0 Stealth (Dex)
+2 Survival (Wis)

Passive Perception: 10

Languages:
  • Common
  • Dwarvish
  • Halfling

Racial & Class Features and Proficiencies
Race Traits
  • Ability Score Increase: +1 str, +1 con
  • skills: survival
  • Your hit point maximum increases by an amount equal to twice your level when you gain this feat. Whenever you gain a level thereafter, your hit point maximum increases by an additional 2 hit points.
    Tough
Class Features
  • Hit Dice: 1D12
  • Saving Throws: str, con
  • Skills: athletics, intimidation
  • While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.
    unarmored defense
  • On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action. While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor:
    You have advantage on all Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
    When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
    You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
    If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging.
    Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.
    Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.
    Rage

Background Features
  • Skills: insight, persuasion
  • You have a military rank from your career as a soldier. Soldiers loyal to your former military organization still recognize your authority and influence, and they defer to you if they are of a lower rank. You can invoke your rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. You can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where your rank is recognized.
    military rank

Proficiencies
  • Armor: light/medium/shields
  • Weapons: simple/martial
  • Tools: cooks utensils/ cart or horse

Equipment
Arms & Armor
  • Brass knuckles
Misc. Items
  • cooks utensils
  • tent
  • travelers clothes
  • Regional map
  • explorers pack

Money: 33 Gold Pieces

Physical DescriptionHeight: 6"10
Weight: 311
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Sage

I am a large fella with a big belly, thats how I earned the nickname lead-belly. that and I could eat anything. I am kinda fat and I also have some pretty huge muscles. My size is tremendous, so is my beard; Wish I could say the same for my hair. I got plump rosy cheeks and a few teeth missing but that don't stop the ladies from swarming, ha ha. I wear basic clothing with a few animal skins I have hunted before.
Full Description

Background
Gallus was born to the peaceful stone-heart Barbarian tribe of the western plains. His father a strong and powerful man but an exceptional leader, and his mother a beautiful yet dominating force to be reckoned with. Their names were Garen and lynsith. While they were a peacefule tribe that did not mean none of them knew how to fight or hunt. Many in the tribe were warriors or hunters stronger than 5 men combined. The same goes for Gallus' father who was a well respected member of this small community. Gallus was never a muscle bound man however though he had his size to match his allies strength.

When Gallus came of age he decided he would leave his home for a more adventurous life. While he was not a fighter he did have other talents and was determined to find a way to make them useful. So he headed east to find a city or large town, which he did. Gallus traveled to Bronwend and settled there. Entering a new form of atmosphere and environment was flabbergasted and didn't really know where to go. At first he wandered around the city for the entire day. That Is until a soldier approached him with interest in his massive size and decided to ask him a few question. It was originally to make sure Gallus was not trying anything suspicious (he was profiling). After some time, Gallus told the man that he was here to find work or find his hidden talents.

The guard liked to hear that Gallus was looking for work, He introduced himself as Sully. Sully was Gallus soon to be best buddy in the military. That is later though, as for now Sully offered to recruit Gallus into the military which Gallus refused at first as he was against violence unless absolutely necessary. Which surprised Sully because of Gallus' massive size. Sully however was not about to give up and continued to try telling Gallus that there are more jobs than just being a soldier who fights others. He could be a quartermaster, a healer, or a support staff. The idea of supporting soldiers sounded interesting to Gallus and he didn't have any problems with that because he wasn't hurting anyone only helping them.

It was then that he accepted and was enlisted within the week. Sully helped him through the process as well as helped him find his talent, this was a difficult one. It took nearly a month of trying to go through different jobs before they found the right one. Healing was a disaster, Gallus couldn't keep track of everything in the quarters, and every other job as a support staff didn't fit his size or intelligence except one. He was an amazing chef, in fact he was about as good as the chef they already had was; He had been cooking for 8 years already. So thats how Gallus became a militant chef.

Years pass by and while Gallus never entered combat, His delicious food livened up both the injured and raised the morale of the downtrodden. He was beloved by all in just about every corps. (His best dish was his spicy chili with a secret spice) Everybody wanted that recipe but he never gave it up.

Many years passed and many friends of Gallus were gained and lost. After his service had ended he decided to settle down and live a calmer life. Gallus joined up with a small caravan for a while. He cooked their food and handled the food stocks for them. The caravan leader was named Mathew, he had a daughter (his wife sarah died in childbirth) and her name was Eliza. Everyone in the caravan was fond of Gallus, and even though the pay wasn't much it was a nice living. Currently Gallus travels with his caravan enjoying life.