Notices

Rescue the Rabbit

Old Oct 23 '18, 11:57am
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Rescue the Rabbit

Rescue the Rabbit - Forum
Pathfinder

HookThe Baron's daughter has lost her rabbit and recruits an adventurer to help her retrieve him. But what at first appears to simply be a quest to rescue a wayward pet quickly spirals into something much more deadly. Deal with sinister fey! Uncover the secrets of a wicked wizard! Recover a shapeshifting artifact! Chase a surprisingly evasive bunny!
RulesGestalt Characters
25 Point Buy
Level 5
Paizo, Dreamscarred, Spheres avaliable

CLOSES: November 5th

Game Description:

THE BARON'S DAUGHTER NEEDS YOUR HELP!

The Bent Fork Inn is widely considered to be the last safe place to sleep for adventures headed into the Gromlech Uplands. The wide, low ground floor is a dining room constructed from sturdy oak beams and lit by heavy brass chandelier which hang dangerously low over the many round tables. Laughter, songs and stories echo at all hours of the day against the soot blackened timbers and the smells of ale and meat are always on the air.

It was a typical night at the Bent Fork until you saw the stranger come in. The traveler wore a hooded cloak, too fine and too clean by half to belong to the Fork's normal clientele. After a moment of nervously scanning the crowd, the stranger skirted around the crowd, making her way to your booth in the corner. Awkwardly, they stumbled into the both next to you. Under the hood, you saw the face of a young noblewoman, less than twenty summers, with an expression of intense worry drawing deep crevices upon her face.

There is moment of silence where she hovers on the edge of tears then, like a dam bursting, her words spill out in a rush, Please! she begs, You must help me! My beloved Creampuff, he's missing and I don't know where to turn!
The Baron's daughter has lost her rabbit and recruits an adventurer to help her retrieve him. But what at first appears to simply be a quest to rescue a wayward pet quickly spirals into something much more deadly. Deal with sinister fey! Uncover the secrets of a wicked wizard! Recover a shapeshifting artifact! Chase a surprisingly evasive bunny!

DescriptionThis is a relatively short adventure designed to be a self-contained one-shot. It takes place in a mostly unformed world, so feel free to make up any elements you desire for your character. My goal here is to tell a quick, fun story with one to two players as well as to refine it for later reuse.

Last edited by Alette; Oct 23 '18 at 11:58am..
My first thought upon seeing this was 'gnoll ranger'. One who's somewhat confused by the whole matter; if it's not food, why did you call it Creampuff?

The title caught my attention, really enjoyed reading the hook of this ad in honesty, look forward to trying to catch this bunny.

I have had a quick scan of the forum, nothing too deep into the region stuff yet but have a few question questions. Will the general feel of this game me more comical, as in should I lean towards making a more funny character, or does it not really matter? The flavour section also mentions magic (arcane and divine) being limited if anything, does this limit classes? Couldnt see anything in the character creation thread about it, but thought I would check.

In the character creation you mentioned 'No Feat Taxes,' could you explain what you mean by that?

Thanks in advance, I am more than likely going to make up a character!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaday Daydream View Post
My first thought upon seeing this was 'gnoll ranger'. One who's somewhat confused by the whole matter; if it's not food, why did you call it Creampuff?
Bless your heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaemonic View Post

Alette in Wonderland
Picture is accurate* but, as the GM, I'm actually the rabbit in this picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhugh View Post
The title caught my attention, really enjoyed reading the hook of this ad in honesty, look forward to trying to catch this bunny.

I have had a quick scan of the forum, nothing too deep into the region stuff yet but have a few question questions. Will the general feel of this game me more comical, as in should I lean towards making a more funny character, or does it not really matter? The flavour section also mentions magic (arcane and divine) being limited if anything, does this limit classes? Couldnt see anything in the character creation thread about it, but thought I would check.

In the character creation you mentioned 'No Feat Taxes,' could you explain what you mean by that?

Thanks in advance, I am more than likely going to make up a character!
The game could really be funny or not, to be honest, it depends on the player(s). It's not written to be absurdist adventure but it does feature the fey in all their eccentric glory. Overall, I think trying to make a character funny hurts them in the long run. Humor can be a natural byproduct of roleplaying games but sometimes forcing it can backfire.

I regard adventurers as the exceptions to rules. Just as they fall completely outside of the feudal socio-economic paradigm, they also can be incredible magicians in a world of relatively low magic. So no, there are no restrictions on classes.

No Feat Taxes is a reference to this.

And finally, you are welcome

Cheers for the reply,
For now!
one more question. With classes, I am thinking of trying out a Vigilante for the first time, I have only recently just started reading up on them and they seem very social focused. Something I like in games personally, I guess my question is mainly, are we expecting much interactions socially with nobles/gib NPCs and the like? Or would the class mostly fall to the wayside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhugh View Post
Cheers for the reply,
For now!
one more question. With classes, I am thinking of trying out a Vigilante for the first time, I have only recently just started reading up on them and they seem very social focused. Something I like in games personally, I guess my question is mainly, are we expecting much interactions socially with nobles/gib NPCs and the like? Or would the class mostly fall to the wayside?
Unfortunately, that aspect of the vigilante may turn out to be underused here. While there won't be no social interactions, they aren't the focus.

Oh dear, I hope not.

...In any case, I might have to pass this one up. With the idea of a gnoll ranger being confused as to whether the rabbit is food or not, I can't come up with any more regarding personality or motives or stats or such.

What if your gnoll is a foody who's on the hunt for the perfect food, which is why he took the job in the first place. So maybe the rabbit isn't food, but that doesn't mean that a Kings kitchen coulsnt have some great new experiences for him to try