Notices

AD&D Temple of Elemental Evil-Pathfinder Solo game

Old Oct 25 '18, 1:41pm
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
AD&D Temple of Elemental Evil-Pathfinder Solo game

Temple of Elemental Evil - Forum
Pathfinder

Hey guys and gals, I am currently running Temple of Elemental Evil as a solo campaign. I already have two players and looking for at least one more player possibly two. You will have seperate game threads that will make up your own unique take on Temple of Elemental Evil. Also along the way you will encounter characters that will join your party. I am allowing 3rd party content such as Dreamscarred Press's material and might allow the spheres from Drop Dead Studios as well as the Dark Angel Antipaladin archetype from Book of Wicked Things Redux. But any paizo class is allowed except the Vampire Hunter. Outside of those, just ask and I probably would be okay with it. But I am only allowing your characters to be from the core races and alignments have to be non evil with the possible exception of Lawful Evil. So if you're looking for a pretty casual game and looking to play something you normally don't get the chance to play, I hope you give this game some thought.

Game Description:

Your party is now approaching the Village of Hommlet, having ridden up from landsof the Wild Coast. You are poorly mounted, badly equipped, and have nolarge sums of cash. In fact, all you have iswhat you wear and what you ride, plus the few coins that are hidden in purses and pockets. What you do possess in quantity, though, is daring and desire to becomewealthy and famous. Thus your group comes to Hommlet to learn. Is this indeed a place for adventurers to seek their fortunes? You all hope, of course, to gain riches and make names for yourselves. The outcome of this is uncertain, but your skilland daring, along with a good measure of luck, will be the main ingredients of what follows, be it for weal or woe.The small community at the crossroadsis a completely unknown quantity. What is there? Who will be encountered? Where should you go? These are your first explorations and encounters, so chance may dic-tate as much as intelligence. Will outsiders be shunned? Are the reports true is the whole community engaged in evil practices? Are the folk here bumpkins, easily duped? Does a curse lay upon those whodare to venture into the lands which were once the Temple's? All of these questions will soon be answered.The dusty, rutted road is lined with closely-grown hedges of brambles andshrubs. Here and there it cuts through acopse or crosses a rivulet. To either hand,forest and meadow have given way tofield and orchard. A small herd of kinegraze nearby, and a distant hill is dottedwith the wand stone chimneys with thin plumes of blue smoke rising from them. A road angles west into the hill country,and to either side of the road ahead arebarns and buildings—Hommlet at last!The adventure begins...

Posting a plug for this game, as one of the two solo players playing presently. Whole lotta P's. And besides that, ThatGuyOverWhere is doing a great job with the narration and getting me engaged with the game. So do due diligence, and dole out a dashing...dapplication! lol

That’s a nice plug guitarist. I have to say that the game ad is a little confusing. It has AD&D but Pathfinder. Which is it?

Also, it’s a solo campaign but there will be a party. Which is it? Are there 4 players running separately into the temple? Or is there going to be a typical party that is going into the temple solo?

Thanks guitarist and sorry for the confusion. We will be playing pathfinder not AD&D. I just put the AD&D in there to differentiate from the 5e setting. There will be 4 players taking on the temple separately. I'll have npcs help you out along the way though so you're not by yourself. But each player will have a seperate story from one another. Hopefully that clears things up.

Are there any character creation rules somewhere? I can't seem to find them. Or are you just accepting players at this point and having them create characters once the players have been chosen?

@ThatGuyOverWhere

How do you feel about someone who has never played Pathfinder? I love TOEE, but I've only ever created one character for PF and never got to play. RP I can do; I'd just need help with the mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
Are there any character creation rules somewhere? I can't seem to find them. Or are you just accepting players at this point and having them create characters once the players have been chosen?
Also asking this question. What kind of application are you looking for? My usual method is to get at least the bones of the mechanics finalized before I figure out the character bits, so if we're working the other way around I'll need to get started ASAP.

so will the solo players be in the same reality as the other solo players? could we meet them in the Inn or in the dungeon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relekorlagunis View Post
Also asking this question. What kind of application are you looking for? My usual method is to get at least the bones of the mechanics finalized before I figure out the character bits, so if we're working the other way around I'll need to get started ASAP.
Also, also asking this question. Very interested, but not sure where to begin without some kind of framework.
Will you consider 3.5 material, on a case by case basis (spells & feats, for example)?

Going by the existing PCs, it looks like it's level 1, 6m4d6r1v1 for abilities, standard gold, two traits.

But I don't know where we should post applications.