Enter the Silver Tournament! (Mid-level gestalt, X-Crawl-ish antics) - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Enter the Silver Tournament! (Mid-level gestalt, X-Crawl-ish antics)

Old Dec 4 '18, 12:30pm
Follow The Moonwalking Nosepass!

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Enter the Silver Tournament! (Mid-level gestalt, X-Crawl-ish antics)

The Augmented Files - Forum
Pathfinder

(Can you tell I'm bad at thinking up advert titles? )

Hello everybody, and welcome to a game that I think can be best described as X-Crawl crossed with a generic 'metahumans appear in the modern world' setting. The PCs will be playing as these metahumans (called 'Augmented' within the setting), and will be taking part in a large, gladiatorial-style tournament (whether for fame, wealth, or just to satisfy their urge to fight) - as well as occasionally getting involved in situations outside the tournament as well.

One thing that I feel I probably ought to make clear from the onset: this is not going to be an arena-style PvP game. The PCs will be working as a team from early on in the game. Nor is it a game where the mechanics of your character, and how many high numbers you can throw at a problem, are the only thing anyone cares about.

If you're still here, the full character creation rules are here. Augmented often have weird powers, so esoteric classes that don't make sense in a fantasy setting are entirely allowed here.

The ad will be open for at least two weeks, and I'm planning on accepting two to three characters, though that may be expanded slightly if there is a barrage of excellent concepts.

Game Description:

Three decades ago, the first Augmented publicly revealed themselves - human, but altered, though some process that science still doesn't understand, to become...better. In the modern day, the Augmented have made their mark on almost every aspect of life, but nowhere greater than the field of entertainment, and the great, pseudo-gladiatorial tournaments that show the supernatural power of the Augmented off to the masses.

The twenty-fifth anniversary of the oldest and greatest tournament, the Arc Tournament, is this year - and ever since the end of the twenty-fourth tournament, the organisers have been hinting that the so-called Silver Tournament is going to be the most spectacular one yet...

That's fair.

As I mentioned in the OOC thread of that game, I found myself at a bit of a loss for inspiration, which was primarily because while I knew what was going to happen in the broad sense of the plot, I hadn't thought out the specific details. When I originally started up the game and began recruiting I had all manner of ideas that I was planning to connect together, but RL stuff sapped me of my inspiration somewhat by the time the game itself began. This time I actually have a plan for the plot in specific terms.

You seem to like these slightly-wacky (but cool) put-Pathfinder-into-modern-Earth (or a more sci-fi-esq multiverse-type setting), huh? This does look pretty interesting, and a bit different to the PF norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
You seem to like these slightly-wacky (but cool) put-Pathfinder-into-modern-Earth (or a more sci-fi-esq multiverse-type setting), huh? This does look pretty interesting, and a bit different to the PF norm.
That's why Llyarden is one of my favorite DM's. He's my kind of crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arklytte View Post
That's why Llyarden is one of my favorite DM's. He's my kind of crazy.
Someone else's brows raised up at the mention of X-crawl. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
Someone else's brows raised up at the mention of X-crawl. XD
I rather fondly recall the X-Crawl game we played in. It's the only one I ever played, but it was a hoot!

It's incredibly tempting to re-create Doc Mayhem. He'd be even more batcrap crazy under Llyarden's creation rules. I just dont know if that's the type of character I want to play currently. I'll have to let it percolate.