Notices

An Unusual Add

Old Dec 5 '18, 10:23am
Pattermind

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
An Unusual Add

A Writing Symbiosis Hub - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Please create thread in the Application folder.

I am looking for people that can post fairly frequently, and have some undeveloped campaign and character ideas that they would like to explore.

It is fine if you haven't DM'd before, but you will have to do it someday.

Game Description:

This game is a "Hub" of sorts for the general discussion of the circle of games the users here will run.

Allow me to explain.

It is a permutation on an idea i have seen once on the forum. Number of actors doesn't have to be three partners, but the basic point i am trying to get at is best seen with three players. It goes something like this:

1. Three people get together on the forum(A, B, and C).

2. A starts a campaign, in which the other two are players in. B and C then decide which campaign they'd like to play in, and the GM gives suggestions based on his capabilities. Let's say, the players decide on a DnD High Fantasy game, centered around roleplay. The GM then says that 5e looks like a good system for it, and the campaign begins.

3. As the game goes on, the players of the first campaign start their own games for the GM of the first game, and the other player involved. B starts a Space Opera, and C starts a Cyberpunk Drama, because the other two have voted for them in both cases. These can be played in after, or at the same time as the High Fantasy game that A has started.

4. As a result, three campaigns have been formed:

DnD High Fantasy - [GM: A; Players: B,C;]
Space Opera - [GM: B; Players: A,C;]
Cyberpunk Drama - [GM: C; Players: A,B;]

5. As a result of this circuar exchange, all players have played the games they want, and have had the opportunity to GM and express themselves througth creating a world for the others to play around in.

Obvoiusly, this is probably going to be a high-commitment(or, at least, higher commitment than most PbP games), so i'm just going to throw this out there, see who sticks, and try to make the best of the game.

However, it would also be good if the people that don't know the system tried to learn it, like stepping out of their comfort zone. Especially if it's a system like 5e, which is relatively rule-light.

I got some experience with game exchanges (90% of them negative).

Would the games only include the preset players (like B and C) or would they just have guranteed seats, with more players to be included?

I am inclined to say that these will be more guarranteed seats. I find that more appealing.

A statement of interest, at the very least.

Beyond that, i think that roleplaying preferences and experiences, as well as interests are appropriate.

you know what?
I have been thinking about trying out my luck at dm
I can try it with a hight fantasy dnd 5e setting if anyone would give it a try to a new dm
however the other two genders are just not my thing

I... I'll be honest, I'm skeptical about such an endeavor's chances of being successful on the internet... But it is still a noble endeavor, and I sincerely admire your selflessness and spirit in coming up with something like it. So yeah, best of luck: I might give it a shot myself if I get some free time.

This is a fantastic idea! I don't have the time for such a commitment right now, but I wanted to toss a vote in the "Cool idea!" category.