Game System Request: Powered by the Apocalypse - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Game System Request: Powered by the Apocalypse

Game System Request: Powered by the Apocalypse

My Browser Information: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:67.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/67.0

Relevant Links: (Copy and paste links to what it is you're talking about here)
Referrer: https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Message: (Describe your issue or feedback here, in as much detail as possible)

Would it be possible to add the Powered by the Apocalypse to the Games when posting a new game?

If nothing else it'd be more accurate than Homebrew / Other.

Apocalypse World or Dungeon World is probably as close as it currently gets. However I see your point...the System should be PbtA, and the Settings should be Dungeon World, Apocalylse World, Tremulus, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatteredKing View Post
Apocalypse World or Dungeon World is probably as close as it currently gets. However I see your point...the System should be PbtA, and the Settings should be Dungeon World, Apocalylse World, Tremulus, etc....
Yeah. It would help when setting up something like a game of MASHED or Night Witches, as there are many subset games within the system. Apocalypse World and others are just the most well-known.

I would also appreciate having PBTA as a game category. Would be more meaningful than "Miscellaneous" (too ambiguous) or "Apocalypse World" (very different tone and setting) for a game of Masks: A New Generation. ^_^

Me too: there are -I believe- three currently running ads for PbtA games; two of these games are the same specific system (Masks), but one is is under "AW" and one is under "Misc", which isn't a great situation.

Might as well put my own voice to this as well (in fact, I think I made a thread of my own about this a while back, but it's buried now). The current system is not tremendously helpful towards PbtA games, for reasons already mentioned.

Agreed. It's probably a better catch-all term, since there are so many different versions, and it would help to keep them less spread out.