“Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected” Who does martial arts? - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

“Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected” Who does martial arts?

I just started learning martial arts last week (a Lieutenent commander at our base teaches). I can't remember everything that goes with it, but the style is an Okinawin (forgive my spelling) Karate style. Considering that the first class was the first time I've ever even thrown a punch before I'm guessing it will take me a while...

Anyway, the dojo we go through is connected to these people: http://www.jikc.org/index.html

Studied Shaolin Kempo Karate long ago, in elementary school. Have learned tiny bits of other styles, but not enough to say that I've actively studied them. I'd love to learn Tai'chi, if I ever have the time/energy/money to do so.

Edit: Info on SKK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaolin_Kempo_Karate

Well lets see..........

Wah Lum Tam Tui northern praying mantis---under Grand master Chan Pui
over 10 years
Hung gar under Grand master John Leong
under a year
Choy lay Fut under the late Grand master Lee Koon Hung
about 2 years
Arnis and Kali under Ammoguru Raffi Pambuan
about 6 years
and to top it off....

I spent two months in China studing at the Shaolin temple..... Its was a trip that Master Chan takes EVERY year or so.

So as you can see I have a fair amount of Chinese martial arts background!

I took Tae Kwon Doe in gym class, and it was quite the experiance. Hard to learn, but extremely fun and invigorating. I had one sparring fight, and won handily! However, those days are gone, and since then... no more

I study traditional jujitsu here and have been for over a year. An art that I find most enlightening on both a physical and spiritual level.

I studied Tae Kwon Do for about 3 1/2 years until I joined the military and haven't had the time to get back into it.

I was in karate for about a month....then we stopped going.<_<

I did a little Judo last year. I'm going to pick it up again soon. Good art, I recomend it over taekwondo.