CS Alpha Test - User-Defined Sheet AutoCalc - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

CS Alpha Test - User-Defined Sheet AutoCalc

Quote:
Sorry if I'm being a pain posting about this so much. It's a feature I've wished for ever since I started using MW so I'm pretty excited.
Not at all! It's super helpful to have someone using it and testing it this way, helps me get it to a good state sooner!

I've made a change that should prevent it from getting fouled up by previously defined expressions, can you let me now if it gives you the same issue again?

Sidenote: I had a similar issue when I tried to change the CMD formula. I tried referencing itself, and it wouldn't let me erase the expression. I had entered
Code:
=+(CMD+4)
and I thought it'd take the already underlying CMD formula and add 4. Instead it did something entirely different (the value listed afterwards was nowhere near what my CMD should have been) and wouldn't let me erase the expression using the "=0" method. I'm sure this is similar to the infinite loop issue someone else was experiencing earlier in the thread.

As for being able to edit/erase the previous expression, it worked like a charm. I was also able to add the rest of my similar expressions:
Code:
="Single inscription, duration in rounds: "+CasterLevel
="Double inscription, duration in minutes: "+CasterLevel
="Triple inscription, duration in minutes: "+(CasterLevel*10)
="Quadruple inscription, duration in hours: "+CasterLevel
I was also able to start working on other sections of the sheet, getting a little more complicated with the equations:
Code:
="   Times per day: "+(Level/4-1)
and it worked flawlessly. Even doing the division before the subtraction, which is more than I can say for even the windows calculator.

Just discovered that I can change which part of the equation parses first by putting those parts in parentheses and listing the rest of the equation outside of the parentheses. This is so fun!

How does one activate this anyways? I have attempted even simple functions in various fields of both the regular and the experimental sheet, and all it ever leaves is the entire function - at least until autocalc kicks in again and removes everything that was written.

I even attempted to directly copy some of the examples here into the same sections with no result whatsoever.

(speaking of which is there any way to disable autocalculation, for, say, a character that adds a different stat to AC?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryustalim View Post
How does one activate this anyways? I have attempted even simple functions in various fields of both the regular and the experimental sheet, and all it ever leaves is the entire function - at least until autocalc kicks in again and removes everything that was written.

I even attempted to directly copy some of the examples here into the same sections with no result whatsoever.

(speaking of which is there any way to disable autocalculation, for, say, a character that adds a different stat to AC?)
This feature is currently only available for community supporters, but will eventually be rolled out to everyone.

I believe (based on some of the examples below) is that this feature can override the normal autocalc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryustalim View Post
What Mordae said, currently it's just us guinea pigs as CS's who are using this.

As currently implemented, it overrides the autocalc programmed with whatever expression you write instead.

Alright. For the moment though I was looking for a way to disable that autocalc at the least; it's a real pain with certain class abilities and the CMD's not even correct anyhow.

You can disable autocalc temporarily by overwriting its value, but the next time you change one of the other values that adds into it it will be overwritten by the autocalc (requiring another manual override). Kind of a bummer, I know--CMD is a bit of a pain in particular because at present there are errors in the autocalc and it's therefore not calculating correctly.

Thanks for citing that - I've gone back & forth on fixing CMD so many times and have had a ton of conflicting instructions on it I'll try to get it corrected.