Walking Dead Season 7 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Walking Dead Season 7

Walking Dead Season 7

No Spoiler, please be respectful. But what did you think of the episode??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyGB View Post
My stomach is rolling over.
Agree

Well, I was greatly impressed. Namely because of having read the comics, but it was a really good way to introduce Negan. Yes, they showed he likes to make speeches, but it showed how utterly calculating and violent he is. There's a reason he's considered the greatest villain in Walking Dead and why he is loved (and hated) by fans.

I also think it helps that Negan was JDM's favorite character and he signed immediately upon the casting call when they told him what attributes they wanted for the audition. Watching his interview on the subject was rather enlightening. JDM knows his character and wants to be extremely faithful to him (hence the separate takes so they can have his favorite word be said almost every other word), so I only expect Negan to get better as the show goes on.

No spoilers? I'll try, but I have a bad habit of using spoiler tags.

Anyhow, the episode was nothing I didn't already expect. The person/people Negan killed? There was speculation and rumor for the past 2 months on the internet, and I kind of figured it out before it was shown. The entire episode was rather predictable, with nothing happening that made me say "Holy crap, dude!".

Maybe it's because I've gotten used to things in the show; maybe it's because I'm no longer invested in some characters; maybe it's because the show isn't keeping me engaged. But I've become rather disenchanted with the show. I think ever since they killed Beth I've just been kind of like "Well, ok, they aren't doing anything that they haven't telegraphed for like the last 2 seasons". I mean, nothing is surprising any more. Nothing in the show makes me think "I can't believe they did that". Had they...

...maybe that would have gotten a raised eyebrow from me. But I just...I don't know. I'm just not shocked or surprised by this show any more. Heck, FTWD is actually a better show for me at this point.