Doomsday Dawns needs more players! - Myth-Weavers

Doomsday Dawns needs more players!

Old Jan 9 '19, 11:59pm
Remember tomorrow.

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Doomsday Dawns needs more players!

Doomsday Dawns - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion

Hi everybody! This is a re-recruitment for our particular iteration of the Pathfinder 2.0 playtest campaign, Doomsday Dawns. Paizo may have declared the playtest officially over, but we’re still interested in seeing where the game will go, and how PF 2E plays in practice.

The game unfortunately stalled almost as soon as it had begun, and one bowed-out GM and a few dropped players later we are in need of some reinforcements! I’m looking to take on 2–3 new characters to round out the existing party. Interested players should grab the rulebook and the 1.6 updates if they haven’t already, then read on!
  • How does character creation work? Everything concerning the creation of the campaign’s primary characters is outlined in this thread. If you have any questions, there’s a discussion thread for that too! Sheets should be posted as new threads in the Character Creation threadgroup.
    Please note that the current party consists of a human monk, gnome alchemist, and half-elf rogue. While I won’t rule out the possibility of doubling up on classes (to say nothing of ancestries), I daresay that bringing something new to the table will allow such applications get a leg up on the competition!
    In terms of getting them into the game, the new characters will be assumed to have been summoned by Lady Keleri Deverin as well and simply arrived late to the meeting for one reason or another – there is no need to work a special hook into their backstory to account for their joining the party.
  • When will this ad close? I’ll be keeping it open for one week at least, possibly more if prospective players need more time and/or there’s an unusual degree of interest.
  • What’s the pace of the game going to be? Not very fast! The original recruitment called for two or three posts a week, and that’s the upper limit of my expectations.

I do believe that’s all for now! If there isn’t, ask and I’ll clarify. We’re looking forward to your applications.

Edit: New submissions will no longer be accepted after 11:59 PM EST on Friday! Players who submitted a sheet but have not finished it when this deadline rolls around will be given some time to do so (over the weekend at the very least).

Game Description:

In 4718 AR—later this year—a rare planetary conjunction, in combination with the power of ancient artifacts erected in the desert kingdom of Osirion thousands of years ago, will create a massive portal between Golarion and the hostile planet of Aucturn, at the far edge of the solar system. If this portal appears, it will allow the ravenous aliens of the Dominion of the Black to harvest brains from the peoples of the Inner Sea region on a devastating scale and provide an opportunity for a nascent entity of great power awakening from eons-long gestation to feast upon the world of Golarion. Fortunately, hints of this imminent apocalypse have emerged from the sands of time over the past decade, affording a desperate chance to avert this doom. These hints and clues have become known as the Aucturn Enigma, and unless multiple groups of heroes rise to the challenge of opposing this catastrophe, it could destroy one world forever while simultaneously creating another.

This is a playtest of the Pathfinder 2.0 "campaign" - Doomsday Dawn. The characters will travel the Inner Sea Region, trying to stop a seemingly unstoppable horror. Each chapter has it's own theme in this playtest. You can continue with the same character you started with each chapter, or take advantage of the situation to stretch your legs and play something different.
There are three chapters in which the original characters are to be used, the rest has various ... suggestions. The choice is up to each player - so this could be a fun campaign for a character to grow and evolve, or if the player prefers, they can dabble in many things!

Last edited by Dybrar; Jan 23 '19 at 12:12am..
I was looking forward to this play test before, but time didn't allow me the option. Certainly going to put fourth an app now...well tomorrow once I get out of work and had a chance to read through the character creation again.

This thread is almost a week old and as far as I can see there has been little activity. But in case you are still open for recruitment, I'd like to put in an app. I've played Pathfinder 1E extensively (I GM a couple of long-running PbP APs on TTW), but I haven't looked into 2E yet (just downloaded the books), so it may take a couple of days before I can finalize the application. I will open a character creation post and get started ASAP.

You seem to be a bit low on the tanky side, so I think a Paladin would fit in nicely....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abberdaggus View Post
This thread is almost a week old and as far as I can see there has been little activity. But in case you are still open for recruitment, I'd like to put in an app. I've played Pathfinder 1E extensively (I GM a couple of long-running PbP APs on TTW), but I haven't looked into 2E yet (just downloaded the books), so it may take a couple of days before I can finalize the application. I will open a character creation post and get started ASAP.
By all means! With two folks (you and @Seardon) having expressed at least a tentative interest in submitting a character, the ad will remain open for the time being.

I could submit if you still need one more. I've been looking to see how the new edition plays out. I can have a character done this weekend.

Heads-up: new submissions will no longer be accepted after 11:59 PM EST on Friday! Players who submitted a sheet but have not finished it when this deadline rolls around will be given some time to do so (over the weekend at the very least).