Notices

Silver City Sojurn- Gnawing on the bones of reality

Old Dec 21 '18, 2:26pm
The Pusher

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Silver City Sojourn- Gnawing on the bones of reality

Silver City Sojourn - Forum
World of Darkness

The stars overhead give Wren a sense of peace that he seldom finds in their own territory. Laying on his back with his hands tucked behind his head and the soft sound of a crackling fire over the ridge, he's content to rest in this moment for a lifetime, if the spirits would let him.

"Wren..." Being interrupted was inevitable. An idle Alpha being one of those natural, unwritten sins against the nation, it's not the interruption that surprises him, but the voice that it comes from. The elder wolf shifts his gaze enough to regard a short, mousey girl with brown hair and green eyes. He didn't like the look of seriousness in the Ragabash's features; if she was setting him up for some sort of prank, she was putting far more effort into selling the worry than usual. More than her features, however, Wren can tangibly feel her anxiousness.

"What's wrong, Marrow?" He asks, rolling to his feet in a smooth motion. Standing, he towers over his packmate by at least a foot and a half, providing a physical presence that the smaller girl seems to draw a small measure of comfort from.

"It's Speaks-to-Shadows. He's asked you to come right away." The smaller girl releases a soft whine in the back of her throat indicating a concern she can't seem to voice with actual words. To see his troublemaker Child so somber and subdued worries him almost as much as the fact that his Shaman didn't just come himself, and moreso that his Beta did not fetch him either. His eyes lift to the ridge line where Marrow-of-the-Morning had come from and he indicates to the smaller woman that she should lead the way. That she does so without a mischievous comment only adds to his concern.

Marrow leads him over the top of the ridge and then parallel with a series of small campfires until they reach the place their pack had established as their own for the purpose of this Moot. Jessica emerges from the lower brush as the two approach, her dark fur helping her blend almost seamlessly into the thicker sections of pine separating them from their neighboring pack. She doesn't stop them to ask questions, but it's clear that she's attuned to the worry that seems to permeate the pack mentality. Of all the wolves that have run with Wren over the years, Jess had been with him the longest, and he understood her simple act of revelation without having to even pause to consider it. She simply said: 'I'll stand watch. Fill me in when you can.'

Speaks-to-Shadows is laying on the ground with his head cradled in the lap of Wren's beta, Scars-of-War, when they clear the final visual obstacle. The shaman looks exhausted and feverish, which is a far cry from the Get's usually robust demeanor. Scars-of-War gives Wren a quick look of concern while murmuring soft reassurances to Shadows and keeping both of his hands firmly pressed against the shaman's shoulders to keep him lying down and comforted at the same time.

"He just collapsed, Wren," Scars answers before Wren can even ask a question. The Philodox had always been very keenly aware of how Wren works, and is quick to anticipate what he needs to know, sometimes even before Wren himself knows. "he was talking with some of the local spirits, then made a choking sound and just ... I don't know what happened."

Speaks-to-Shadows reaches one hand up towards Wren with a fierce intensity that's hard to ignore. Wren kneels next to him only to find himself abruptly pulled closer as the Get wraps one fist in Wren's shirt and hauls him down to within inches of his own sweat lined features. The words he speaks are clear despite the tone that the shaman delivers his message in, and though the Get whispers, all three of the other wolves hear him clearly.

"The spirits have made their will known," Shadows murmurs before his voice takes on an ethereal quality. "There is a City to the North where the ghost pack roams. It is a forsaken place where none with honor may tread, save for journeys of peace and goodwill as sanctioned by the guardians. It shall be a refuge, hence forth, for those who have broken faith with Gaia, so that they may once again learn, through trials of blood, the truth that is to be Garou."

Speaks-to-Shadows' eyes flutter and slide closed as his grip on Wren's shirt slackens and the Get collapses, his job done. Scars-of-War immediately places one hand against the shaman's neck, then sighs a brief breath of relief before shifting a worried look to Wren. Before the Alpha can give voice to anything, however, a long, urgent howl echoes along the ridge and is answered by a multitude of other voices. Wren nods at Scars to indicate that he should join the howl as well. Whatever this spiritual edict was, they were not the only pack to receive it.

This is a Werewolf the Apocalypse (classic world of Darkness) game. As I have time and the inclination, other splats will be added to the game setting. Events happening in each splat within the city can and will effect aspects of the other games We'll be using the 20th Anniversary Edition rules set whenever possible, but I come from a heavily house ruled background in oWoD, and don't always realize where what I think I know deviates from what is actually in the book. I'm willing to discuss differences as they arise, and try to make things fair to the players as much as possible, but I may allow you to change a character aspect over shifting the ruleset I'm used to.

CHARACTER CREATION

Characters will be created at base, by the book stats. Accepted characters may be given additional experience points or bonus stats at storyteller discretion--I am especially likely to do this for a well written background. Characters are required to have flaws of at least 3 points total that represent some violation of the litany, which should be represented in the background story.

This is a story of redemption. Every character should have a reason why the spirits have chosen them to live in what will essentially be a werewolf remediation program. I'm strongly encouraging the flaw of Dark Secret (or something similar), and for a reason why your character has essentially been excommunicated from the Nation as a whole. You may even be someone who the Nation would kill on sight. The character should also be in a state of mind where they want to return to the nation or somehow come to terms with whatever wrong they have committed/the reason why they are not accepted into the Nation. Again, this is about redemption It will NOT be an evil campaign.

Character Sheet Template can be found here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=458474 (the second sheet)
Applications can be placed HERE: https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdi...44652&tg=86896
The title should be your character name (real or deed name), their tribe, and their auspice.
For additional information about character creation, check here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=458633

Completed applications that fit what I'm looking for will be given the opportunity to start a prelude thread with me and we'll play through some of your background specifically related to the key offense against the nation before I make my final decision on which players I will be accepting. I'm looking for 5-8 players, depending on the quality of the applications.

A few things about me as an ST.

I like the dark and gritty side of World of Darkness. Your characters will be facing rough challenges, moral dilemmas, and situations that may seem hopeless or lose-lose. There aren't going to be a lot of rainbows or flowery cute things, and sometimes even a victory will seem bittersweet. I love telling stories of struggles and overcoming obstacles, so if you're looking for a lighter tone to the game, this probably isn't for you.

I place a significant emphasis on grammar, spelling, and punctuation. While I don't want to exclude people who may be great players otherwise, I know myself well enough to state outright that excessive errors detract from my enjoyment of the game as a whole, and I'd rather not deal with it. That's not to say you'll be kicked out for making a few mistakes, and I'm far from perfect myself, but I want to be clear that it WILL have an impact on my final decision of who to accept or not.

Games are supposed to be fun. If, at any time during your experience with me, you have an issue, concern, comment, or something makes you uncomfortable, please contact me and speak with me about it. My goal is to tell a great story, but I don't want to do that at the cost of the enjoyment of the players.

Post rate is variable. I don't typically put a hard line expectation on players, because real life enjoys kicking me in the teeth every so often, and I know that it happens to my players as well.I typically look for between 3-5 posts a week on average; if we get into a good flow and it's more often than that, great! If one or more of us get bogged down and post rates drop, it happens. I'm willing to commit to a long term game with my players; I would like players to also be willing to commit to a long term game with me. That could mean that sometimes we go on brief pauses of a week or more, but I've successfully kept a DnD campaign running over several years, even with pauses due to real life. It takes understanding and communication.

Finally, character death and remaking characters. I do not kill characters for arbitrary reasons-- if your character is going to die, it will be because of a series of choices made by the character, and will often be a heroic, epic, memorable event culminating from a lot of character driven roleplay. That said, I can and will put your characters into very hard, dangerous places, and they do not get plot armor. There is a chance they will die, and I don't want to negate that risk in their decisions. As long as a character dies or is retired due to story reasons and not because of a dropped or removed player, that player will still be welcome in my game, and will be allowed to roll up a new character at a level consistent with the rest of the party.

Additionally, when the other splats start to open, I will allow any one player to have characters in up to two of the games being run on this forum, so do not worry about applying now if this isn't your absolute favorite WoD splat-- you will still be permitted to try for one of the others at a later date, provided I get that far.

I'll be accepting up to 8 applications. Applications will be running until January 11th. Please note that I will have a more limited response time to questions between December 25th and January 1st.

Game Description:

Suddenly one day, every mortal in Silver City, USA woke up feeling somehow safer. The crime rate plummeted, and missing persons case dropped to almost zero. The air somehow seemed fresher, food tasted sweeter and all those pesky ads didn't seem quite as persuasive as they once did.

What they didnít realize was that somehow every supernatural creature from the Shadowlands to the Near Umbra had suddenly disappeared, which would have been both confusing and a little scary if it had been common knowledge. Various creatures across the globe prepared themselves for some kind of apocalypse, seeing this as some sign of the end times, but nothing else happened. No other city suffered the same disaster.

Mortals didn't notice much of a difference, but a select few with odd connections to worlds that they hadn't even begun to explore yet have stumbled into questionable circumstances that may reveal more than they're ready to discover.

The Kine saw this as an opportunity; without Elders trying to dictate politics, the City provided a ripe playground for new, up and coming Vampires, and a chance to influence which faction, if any, would take control and reign supreme.

The last Hunter from the cell that had existed before that fateful day of change took the time to breath, mourn, and start to rebuild, ever mindful of the need to remain vigilant and ready.

The Garou Nation, obeying the commands of the Spirits they revere, kept clear of Silver City, which has become the home for those wolves who have fallen from the favor of Gaia and the nation and now seek to redeem themselves within the boundaries of their new territory.

Will the true nature of the event that wiped this city clean ever be revealed? Or will the new orders rising to power focus on their own agendas without care of whatever terrible power had destroyed their predecessors?

Last edited by Chase; Jan 3 '19 at 3:34pm..
The character templates thread is locked. That's gonna make it hard to get at the coding to make it look presentable.

Also, where is this game set?

I opened it again. Already had a potential player post in that thread, but I forgot that locking it will make it harder to get the sheet.

Yeah, I saw that. Some people just don't know how to follow directions, do they?

Anyway, I'm trying my hand at playing a bad girl for the first time.

I'll be closing applications for this splat of the game this coming Friday. Applications need to be finished by Friday at midnight, EST.

Apps will be closing tomorrow. I've got some great apps so far, but am still under my max player intake. Get those apps in!