Notices

MHA: Searching for Brand New Heroes!!

Old Dec 31 '18, 3:42pm
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
MHA: Searching for Brand New Heroes!!

My Hero Academia: Heroes Unite - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds 3e

Finally going through with my threat promise of running a My Hero Academia game for Mutants and Mastermind. As of right now I'm looking for four to five up and coming students who want to be the brand new class of heroes of UA Academy. Do you think you have what it takes?

One spot is reserved for now, since I do have a friend who I had promised the game for, but they may or may not decide that Mutants and Masterminds are for them.

All applications are to be placed here.
All the information you need to build your character can be found here.
And any questions you might have regarding your character build can be found here.

I'll be looking at closing applications January 21th and starting the game shortly after.

(Please be kind, this is my first time attempting to GM a Mutants and Mastermind game, so please forgive me if I have a few screw ups in the beginning.)

Game Description:

In the aftermath of the battle against All for One, the world lost its number one hero, the pinnacle of what a superhero should be. Nevertheless the world continues to spin. Now, more than ever, the focus is on the future of heroes, the next generation to step forward and show what it means to be true heroes.

And that's where you come in. You are one of the newest students of the UA Academy for Heroes. But this is only the beginning on your path to become true heroes.

Knowledge of the source isn't requires, since I'm not going to be following much of the manga.

Just understand that the top hero in (arguably) the world All Might fought in a huge building leveling battle with a dangerous foe known as All for One. In the end, All Might spent all of his powers taking down this foe.

You are all students in UA Academy, and are being trained to be professional heroes. Probably about the most you will need to know is this page. Other than that, ask questions in the forum and I or someone else can help out.

The most important thing we need to know is that superheroes have powers?

NVM, it also contains the lore around the powers, gotcha

I'll probably give this a bash. How are you planning on dealing with Canon characters? I'm thinking of something along the lines of either an altered form of Dragoon, being more mutant than transformation or a hybrid between warpgate and decay

Never really tried MandM3 but I will give it a short for some MHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Moon Shadow View Post
I'll probably give this a bash. How are you planning on dealing with Canon characters? I'm thinking of something along the lines of either an altered form of Dragoon, being more mutant than transformation or a hybrid between warpgate and decay
I haven't really thought much about it. I have a preference to you playing original characters. The Canon are around, but I'm taking you guys a different route from the canon. I don't mind taking a power and adding your own flair to it, but I would stray away from being All Might's illegitimate love child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerdragon View Post
Never really tried MandM3 but I will give it a short for some MHA
It's really not super hard. If you've played D&D3.5 and GURPS, you'll be 100% fine. If you've played either/or, you'll be like 80% fine. Also I'm there and a few others who I know are rules gurus and helpful souls who will have no problem at all guiding you down the rabbit hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDasher View Post
I haven't really thought much about it. I have a preference to you playing original characters. The Canon are around, but I'm taking you guys a different route from the canon. I don't mind taking a power and adding your own flair to it, but I would stray away from being All Might's illegitimate love child.
I fully intend to make an original character, it's just that a majority of the themes I thought of pretty much already exist as cannon quirks, teleportation - warpgate, weakness - decay, even being a dragon is dragoon... But I'll think of something.