Elder Scrolls Battle For Tamriel - Myth-Weavers

Elder Scrolls Battle For Tamriel

Old Jan 2 '19, 6:28am
Young Dragon

Location: In the intersection between imaginative and insane.
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Elder Scrolls Battle For Tamriel

The Oblivion War - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

"The Gods have not forsaken us, but we have forsaken the Gods! When Daedra first invaded Tamriel, did we submit to their wisdom and give thanks when they delivered us from evil? No! Instead, we believed the lies fed to us by those in power, those who caused the problems in the first place. Men and Mer should not worship crowns of gold, scraps of paper, or festering bloodlines. Neither should they allow foul cultists to infect all of Nirn with their evil!"

Lowering her blade, the Imperial woman removed her steel helmet with the other hand. For others it might have been a gesture of camaraderie. A way to present herself without the trappings of rank. For a lieutanent in the Triumphant, it served a different purpose. Metal covered the left half of her face, but sunken flesh showed the terrifying injury underneath. An that once belonged to some Dwemer monstrosity dropped the helm to the ground as she faced the crowd.

"The Empire would have you believe a mortal man defeated one of the Daedric Princes, full in his power! As if it was possible to approach the powers of a god. Those in the Dominion are no better, claiming that some great arcane secret closed the gates. So we lauded these false heroes, while the Eight stood silent." Her audience nodded, clapped, and a some even cheered. A few dozen in number, they consisted of most races in Tamriel, ranging from the brutish Orsimer to the golden skinned Aldmeri.

"They stood silent when the monstrous dragons reappeared, when the vampiric menace spread across these lands, when the dead rose from their graves to terrorize. Only when we needed them did their divine light shine on us, leading us from these darkest hours, empowering the heroes who sought only their own glory. But now they speak. They reveal to us the enemies in our midst and I say they deserve thanks!" A great cheer erupted from the small crowd. Zealotry shined in their eyes and a few licked their lips as if tasting blood in the air.

Eight people were chained behind her, all of varying ages and species. You are among them, your hands and legs manacled. The woman raised her blade and spoke, filling the air with an intense light. Burning your Daedric self emerges. Down the line you can see it happen to the rest, their skin strange shades, horns growing from their heads, odd shadows flickering behind them. A few in the audience screamed in horror, though they sounded more practiced than anything else.

"Thank you may Eight for showing me the correct path! Thank you for revealing to me the true enemy! And thank you for delivering me from this foul evil! Divines be praised!" Her voice reached a crescendo alongside the light. Finally the woman turned to face you. The madness and pleasure in her one eye was only eclipsed by the hatred. In that moment you know two things. One, she was going to kill you. And two, she was going to enjoy it.

Things to Know
Obviously this is an Elder Scrolls Campaign set in a non-canon time. There are a few things to read before you should submit a character.

Game Description:

This is a 5e game using Michael Bonar's Unofficial Elder Scrolls Conversion, the pdf for which can be found here. Players are a rare combination of Daedra and mortal, which have been appearing all across Tamriel. No one is sure why, but the answer is most certainly bad. An order known as the Triumphant have formed in response and captured you.

History wise it takes place ten years after the events of Skyrim. Dragons remain a problem and have slowly spread across Tamriel. Peace begins to crack as the Empire and Dominion ready for war. Undead remain have never been more widespread and there are rumors the Black Worm have returned under an even more powerful leader.

Character Creation
Fill out an character in the Application thread.
Ability Scores
Use an array of 18, 14, 14, 12, 10, and 8.
Races
You can be any Elder Scrolls race and you do have the Half-Daedra Template. That can be found below.
Level
You may be any Elder Scrolls class and start at 5th level.
Rules
Multiclassing and feats are allowed.
Constellations
You may roll twice and choose one.
Gear
Start with 2000 gold to purchase items in addition to your classes/backgrounds starting gold.
Hit Points
Max at first average after that.
Background
Details must include origin, appearance, and personality. Create two of the following NPCs, naming a race, quick description, and class. Mentor, True Love, Rival, Nemesis, Fast Friend, Charge (orphan or child), Faction Representative, Childhood Friend, Fan, Former Ally, Sibling, or Frenemy. I will create an appropriate third, possibly a secret at your discretion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsin View Post
Oh I thought it was a different thing than just the special feats. Usually a Template is something different in DnD terms.
I considered it, but didn't want to limit people to a specific character type. Besides, Daedra are incredibly varied by nature and I wanted something that reflected that.

So, I wasn't expecting it to matter when I sat down to work, bu~t I ended up with a "canon" kind of question: if this is set ten years after Skyrim ... how did the civil war shake out? (Since it's still early enough for it to be directly relevant to characters from that part of the world...) FWIW, I'd expect it would basically break down to one of these outcomes (or a semantic equivalent):
- High King Ulfric of an independent Skyrim (Stormcloak victory)
- Ulfric executed and Skyrim pacified (Imperial victory)
- Indefinite (and presumably uneasy/"cold war") continuation of the Dragonborn's Truce (per "Season Unending") in a de facto partitioned Skyrim.
- Peaceful reconciliation, with Ulfric pardoned and Elisif remaining High Queen (not an option ever discussed in the scope of the game, but technically plausible with a neutral or Stormcloak Dragonborn armed with plundered Thalmor documents)
- Aldmeri invasion and/or conquest of Skyrim in the event of a prolonged rebellion (again, not directly addressed in the game, but a threat frequently implied by Thalmor representatives).

One other esoteric question: rules-as-written, one can craft antitoxins and potions with an herbalism kit; is this an absolute requirement, or would proficiency in alchemist supplies also serve that purpose? (I've seen campaigns that rule either way.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MundoBarnum View Post
So, I wasn't expecting it to matter when I sat down to work, bu~t I ended up with a "canon" kind of question: if this is set ten years after Skyrim ... how did the civil war shake out? (Since it's still early enough for it to be directly relevant to characters from that part of the world...) FWIW, I'd expect it would basically break down to one of these outcomes (or a semantic equivalent):
- High King Ulfric of an independent Skyrim (Stormcloak victory)
- Ulfric executed and Skyrim pacified (Imperial victory)
- Indefinite (and presumably uneasy/"cold war") continuation of the Dragonborn's Truce (per "Season Unending") in a de facto partitioned Skyrim.
- Peaceful reconciliation, with Ulfric pardoned and Elisif remaining High Queen (not an option ever discussed in the scope of the game, but technically plausible with a neutral or Stormcloak Dragonborn armed with plundered Thalmor documents)
- Aldmeri invasion and/or conquest of Skyrim in the event of a prolonged rebellion (again, not directly addressed in the game, but a threat frequently implied by Thalmor representatives).

One other esoteric question: rules-as-written, one can craft antitoxins and potions with an herbalism kit; is this an absolute requirement, or would proficiency in alchemist supplies also serve that purpose? (I've seen campaigns that rule either way.)
I've actually been working on a Tamriel Today post with that kind of information, but in response to your query, Skyrim becomes independent peacefully and remains allies with the Empire. Ulfric remains recognized as Jarl of Windhelm, but Elisif stays as High Queen as part of the treaty that was made with the Empire. Talos worship is unbanned and the Dominion is forced to leave, but aren't violently murdered per the terms of the treaty. In game terms, the ending would be Dragonborn's Truce.

You can use either or. I was working on a potion system and have the bare bones worked out, but I'd already added both Factions and Forging. Throwing in yet another system seemed like a little much. Basically it would be Alchemists supplies could create Magic Effect and Boost Potions while Herbalism could create Restorative potions and Poisons. Found Ingredients would help one of the four types and your roll deciding how strong your potion is. Does that sound like too much or would you like it included?

Alright, got a deadline for the 18th. Looking for around four players.