New-ish - Myth-Weavers

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

New-ish

New-ish

I've used myth-weavers for years, but I've never posted. I think I have like 30+ people I've referred here, but I've never gotten myself involved in the community. I'm looking to do that now, and get people into my games. I'm a 16 year GM, and I'm looking to expand my skills. If you're looking to play Pathfinder 1e, please add me on Discord

Galgerahn#1287

Holy crap.....you have referred 68 people here???

Welcome aboard!

So, PBP is different from Tabletop in several ways. The biggest way is that the players and GM don't all sit down at the same time for a set amount of time to play. Players log in when they have time to post. It works well for those insanely busy people, or people who can't dedicate 4-5 hours in one stretch to play. It is also GREAT for creative writing, as you can take some time to describe your activities. The downside of this is games take A LONG time, and move slowly. But if you like to play a tiny but each day, it may work for you. You may want to review out Site Rules.

How things work here, is GMs will post an advertisement for the game they want to run in the Games and Ads section. Interested players will then apply. There are usually some guidelines for creating your character, what sourcebooks you can use, any house rules you should be aware of. Pay attention to them. Popular games like D&D 3.5 and 5E, and Pathfinder can get a lot of applicants, and one way GMs will weed through applications is to look for missing information, or incomplete characters. So read the character creation guidelines carefully. Also, check what characters others are applying with. If everyone is making fighting and sneaking type characters, you may be better off playing a spellcaster.

Less popular game systems are often easier to get in to.

My advice is to play in a game first before jumping into GMship. You will DEFINITELY be able to find people to play when you decide to run. 20+ applications for an interesting PF game is not unheard of

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Most of all, HAVE FUN!

I can't really do PBP, it moves FAR too slowly for me. However, I do know of someone who would do a PBP, and I have referred them to this site, lmao.
Either way, thank you for the explanation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgerahn View Post
I can't really do PBP, it moves FAR too slowly for me. However, I do know of someone who would do a PBP, and I have referred them to this site, lmao.
Either way, thank you for the explanation!
Welcome!

Play-by-Post isn't everyone's cup of tea. But you're not the only one around here who's not a big PbP fan - we've got a handful of people who stick around for the community. And we think that's cool.

On that note, I feel I should point you to our Discord Server. It's a pretty chatty lot, both about random topics, and game-related ones. There is even some RPG channels!