Hail gamers - Myth-Weavers

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Hail gamers

Hail gamers

Greetings fellow dice rolling fools.

I am Robin. I have been a gamer, mostly a GM, for 30 years. Of course, I got my start with D&D (BECMI), but I also have run White Wolf games, Call of Cthulhu, Marvel RPG, a bit of Rolemaster, all of the wonderful 2nd ed D&D settings, Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun, Mutants and Masterminds, PDQ, Numenera, The Strange, West End Games Star Wars, Toon, Tales from the Floating Vagabond, and plenty of games i am sure I am not remembering.

I love to play, but I really love to run games. Currently I am running 3 pbp games. BECMI, Numenera, and Mage the Ascension.

I am looking to play some rough and tumble D&D. Though I never have played 4th or 5th, I am savvy with all of the other editions. With that said, anything that looks good I would bite. I need some play time to recharge, but i am going to launch something 2nd ed eventually. Maybe here if people are interested.

Well that covers me in a nutshell. Can't wait to get some dice rolling.

-R

Welcome to Myth-Weaver, @RobinGoodfellow1976 !

Sounds like you have a handle on what Play-by-Post is, so I'll save you the trouble of explaining that. Instead first step is to give our Games and Ads section a look over. You'll find all sorts of games recruiting there and that's where GMs (usually) find their players. Most games have something of a process when it comes to accepting players, so you'll want to check out their particular details. Even as a prospective GM, I recommend looking over how we do things around here to avoid confusion.

D&D 5e and Pathfinder are some of the most popular systems here, so don't be surprised to see a lot of applicants for games in those systems (I've seen up to 40 people applying for a single game at one point). So if you plan to run those, or join one, well, that's my heads up. Of course, we have a wide variety of systems being played here, and you seem well versed in what's out there, so don't be shy when it comes to the other systems!

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki

Good day, eh? And Welcome!

There are a ton of D&D games ongoing here. As Yamazaki mentioned, 5E and Pathfinder are very competitive to get into. But fear not! Check out the Players of Older D&D and Clones thread to make new friends there! We also have a small, loyal band of Cypher-heads here. Currently running a Numenera and The Strange games on here.

If you haven't checked them out yet, check out the New to Play by Post, thread, you understand how to roll dice, check out the Die Rolling wiki, and to get a handle on how to make your post look nice, check out the BBCode wiki.

As mentioned, ask questions about whatever you like. We're a friendly bunch. Now get out there and have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGoodfellow1976 View Post
Greetings fellow dice rolling fools.

I am Robin. I have been a gamer, mostly a GM, for 30 years. Of course, I got my start with D&D (BECMI), but I also have run White Wolf games, Call of Cthulhu, Marvel RPG, a bit of Rolemaster, all of the wonderful 2nd ed D&D settings, Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun, Mutants and Masterminds, PDQ, Numenera, The Strange, West End Games Star Wars, Toon, Tales from the Floating Vagabond, and plenty of games i am sure I am not remembering.

I love to play, but I really love to run games. Currently I am running 3 pbp games. BECMI, Numenera, and Mage the Ascension.

I am looking to play some rough and tumble D&D. Though I never have played 4th or 5th, I am savvy with all of the other editions. With that said, anything that looks good I would bite. I need some play time to recharge, but i am going to launch something 2nd ed eventually. Maybe here if people are interested.

Well that covers me in a nutshell. Can't wait to get some dice rolling.

-R
Welcome to the Weave. It's always good to see more Referees around!