The Rise of Baka Azarel - Myth-Weavers

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

The Rise of Baka Azarel

The Rise of Baka Azarel

Prepare my arrival mortal for i Azarelia Shadowmoon have join your party whetever you like it or not. What you think i will give you a normal intro........yeah you will get used to it.

I may be new in DnD but not in making weird Original Character and when i say a lot of weird OC i means Psychopathic Cute humanoid monster or Some weirdo human with weird fetish. I also have discord if you need it. Oh yeah by the way you can also call me Az for short.

Please invite me to some adventure all my discord friend are too baka to start a DnD-ish Campaign.....Well im also a baka so there is that
PS: Im also 100% a newb at DnD

Welcome to Myth-Weaver, @Azarel !

First of all, good to see another weeb amongst us. But I'm going to head off any problems at the pass with a warning - this is a PG-13 site: let's not get into anything sexual around here. Keep it clean, and we'll be good.

Onward! I'm going on a slight limb and guess that Play-by-Post is nothing new to you, although the name of it might be. If you ever done any role-playing through forums, then you've had a hand in PbP. The lengthier description is this: PbP is asynchronous role-playing, allowing players and GMs to post at their general leasure, regardless of things of schedule, time zone, or even location.

Furthermore, you'll find the concept of OC's to be the norm around here, such that the term "original character" is actually foreign. Us tabletop Role-players tend to enshrew playing existing characters (especially from fandoms) and create our own unique concepts.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, part two is this: what kind of games are you looking for? You say you're new to D&D? Excellent! Because there's boat loads more out there than just Dungeons and Dragons. Fate, Dungeon World, Pathfinder, World of Darkness, Shadowrun, Savage Worlds, Blades in the Dark, Cyberpunk.... I could go on further, but that's going to be an exhaustive list.

The reason it's a good thing that you're new to TTRPGs is that you're a clean slate - meaning you could easily pick up most systems and not fall into the hole of 'this my only system that I play' which is actually pretty common in RPG'ers (especially the D&D crowd). Thus, my advice - look around! Find what interests you! Then put in an application!

Your first step is to give our Games and Ads section a look over. You'll find all sorts of games recruiting there and that's where GMs (usually) find their players. Most games have something of a process when it comes to accepting players, so you'll want to check out their particular details.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki

Dont worry i even havent done any lewd stuff yet. And when i say weird fetish it just means some viking who married to a fish smelled axe, please dont question the viking about his sanity. And i'll just lurk around until i see some good campaign to mess with. For the discord server i'll join in after i finish something first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarel View Post
Dont worry i even havent done any lewd stuff yet. And when i say weird fetish it just means some viking who married to a fish smelled axe, please dont question the viking about his sanity. And i'll just lurk around until i see some good campaign to mess with. For the discord server i'll join in after i finish something first
Actually, the last thing you want to do is lurk, if you want any chance of joining. You gotta get your name out there. That's not to say you need to apply for a game right this instant, but do post around the forum at large. Or at least outside of the intro section - posts in this section do not count.

We're a rather social community, in and out of TTRPGs. And beyond that, we're a very creative lot. Stick around long enough, and you'll level up your RP and writing skills in no time.

First of all, welcome!

Come join our Discord, which Yama have a link to. Most of it is the community chatting as ourselves, but questions and advice flow as freely as Mead in Valhalla!
We are a great group, just tell Chimi he is the bestest looking Bulbasaur and you'll fit in just fine!

Welcome aboard! Yama gave a great introduction, so I won't go through mine.

I do agree, DON'T LURK. Even if you don't get into a game right away, get into conversations about games. If you see a system referenced that you don't know about, ask about it. People are very passionate about their favorite systems and will be more than happy to talk to you about them. Find conversations in the Gaming Discussions and jump in, ask questions.