Who is this dork? - Myth-Weavers

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Who is this dork?

Who is this dork?

It's me! BlueBlazes! Can't wait to play/run some games with you folks.

Hope everyone doesn't mind me spamming a few messages here, to get past the noob 5 message restriction.

And the kid woke up early from her nap, so I won't even make it to post 5 today. 3 guesses as to why I'm playing PBP instead of IRL?

@BlueBlazes, posts in here don't count to your post count, but nice try. I'd advise looking around and finding a topic that intersts you and adding in your 2 fish.

So, you want to get into PBP? There are some things you should know. PBP is different from Tabletop in several ways. The biggest way is that the players and GM don't all sit down at the same time for a set amount of time to play. Players log in when they have time to post. It works well for those insanely busy people, or people who can't dedicate 4-5 hours in one stretch to play. It is also GREAT for creative writing, as you can take some time to describe your activities. The downside of this is games take A LONG time, and move slowly. You may want to review out Site Rules.

How things work here, is GMs will post an advertisement for the game they want to run in the Games and Ads section. Interested players will then apply. There are usually some guidelines for creating your character, what sourcebooks you can use, any house rules you should be aware of. Pay attention to them. Popular games like D&D 3.5 and 5E, and Pathfinder can get a lot of applicants, and one way GMs will weed through applications is to look for missing information, or incomplete characters. So read the character creation guidelines carefully. Also, check what characters others are applying with. If everyone is making fighting and sneaking type characters, you may be better off playing a spellcaster.

Less popular game systems are often easier to get in to. If you have a GM inside you, you can definitely get a game, however, you may want to play first before GMing, just to understand the idiosyncracies of PBP.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Most of all, HAVE FUN!

Definitely participate in some conversations, it’s easy to make contributing posts, spamming to get past the measly 5 post mark usually just gets those messages deleted... >.>

In the meantime, though.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arriusnideal View Post
Post 5? :P
Sadly, the posts here in the Introductions section do not count. You'll have to post in the forums proper to get that minimum post count for certain permissions.