Greetings Everyone! - Myth-Weavers

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Greetings Everyone!

Greetings Everyone!

Hi, I'm Penultimatum, or Pen for short.

I'm still fairly new to pen-and-paper games with only a little over a year of experience as a GM (and even less as a player). I've got plenty of experience with text-based roleplaying in general, having been both playing and running several over the years, from over email to forums and even in MMOs.

I tried D&D (3rd edition I believe) back in highschool after being pulled into it by a couple of classmates, but it was never really my thing. About three years ago a good friend of mine invited me to join their Pathfinder group, which I enjoyed but once again, I had a hard time keeping up. I also tried picking D&D up again with newbie groups (as a player), 5th edition this time, but still couldn't get into it.

So I ended up looking to other systems and eventually settled on the AGE system (Dragon AGE specifically because I shared an interest in the games and so did the friends I played with). I ended up agreeing to be the GM and got to run it for about a year before work and life got in the way. I also picked up the FFRPG (3rd edition from Returner Games to be exact) during this time which I GM'ed online for a couple of people I met through an MMO. Most recently I got my three cousins into pen-and-paper with "The Magical World of Yeld" and that's pretty much all I'm still running. I have some odd shifts at work which can make it hard to plan session times with groups and that's pretty much how I came upon play-by-post. I've had a bit of time to get into a few more systems as well that I hope I get to use at some point.

So yeah, I'm hoping to get to run a game or two here since my passion still lies with being a GM. Currently I have a Final Fantasy setting in the making that I would love to run as well as perhaps getting started on something from Ryuutama, which I recently got into.

Thanks for reading my introductionary ramble, peeps!

Welcome to Myth-Weavers, @Penultimatum !

Obviously, you have a bit of experience with text-based RP'ing, which is good. I got my feet wet ages ago using Gaia Online. If you've done any roleplaying on forums, then you're aware of the asynchronous nature of Play-by-Post: aka we post at whatever times we can. It's excellent for those with erratic schedules.

If you haven't already, your first step is to give our Games and Ads section a look over. You'll find all sorts of games recruiting there. Most games have something of a process when it comes to accepting players, so you'll want to check out their particular details. I do recommend at least checking out a few games before running one yourself, so you can see how we roll here.

People run and play a wide variety of systems, although D&D is still quite popular around here. I don't have to tell you to look outside of the d20 guys, though - you've already done that on your own!

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly

If you have any questions, let us know!

Welcome @Penultimatum! Yamazaki got quite a bit covered. I can honestly say I have never heard of the 3 games you cited, which considering I have probably played over 40 different systems... But that said, I am SURE there are people who know them and would love to play them.

Again, welcome aboard! Now get out there and have some fun.

I look forward to see your advertisements for games! Hopefully RL will allow me to play ....