Quick questions and answers - Page 350 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

With the feat Draconic Senses, it has the feat dependent darkvision of three or more draconic feats. Would Draconic Senses count as one of those three?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khakhan View Post
With the feat Draconic Senses, it has the feat dependent darkvision of three or more draconic feats. Would Draconic Senses count as one of those three?
Naming the source of the feat (Dragon Magic) would be considered good form and limited the amount of searching others would have to do in order to answer.

As for the question - yes; since there is no mentioning of special rules in Comp. Arcane (where draconic feats were first introduced) nor in Dragon Magic, the Draconic Senses feat only checks the total number of draconic feats a character has. It does not differentiate between itself and other feats.

Pardon. Thought I had put the source. I think I erased it when I misspelled Draconic. Anyway, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Emerald View Post
Anyway my question now, does someone know a monster with immunity to acid?If possible with 15 hd or less not an undead, a construct or an outsider.
I would have sworn that oozes would be, but the description doesn't say so.

That leaves black, green, copper, and silver dragons --- and all half-dragons of black, green, and copper parentage.

Also the rare acid-spewing "digester" and the ever-popular "mimic" are immune to acid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Emerald
Anyway my question now, does someone know a monster with immunity to acid?If possible with 15 hd or less not an undead, a construct or an outsider.
I would have sworn that oozes would be, but the description doesn't say so.

That leaves black, green, copper, and silver dragons --- and all half-dragons of black, green, and copper parentage.

Also the rare acid-spewing "digester" and the ever-popular "mimic" are immune to acid.
In addition, the following creatures in core have immunity to acid:

Arrowhawks
Tojanidas
Angels (though only the Astral Deva fulfills the 'less than 15 HD limitation')
Delvers (with exactly 15 HD)
Djinnis

This SRD allows google search limited to the site, which yielded all the results above (including those mentioned before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnas View Post
Thanks, that would be interesting to see a Dervish dancing with a 2 handed greatsword. I'm kinda struggling to visualise it especially if I decide to make her a half elf of some sort.
Greatsword? I would think a two-handed wielding dervish would use a Falchion... it's the two-handed version of the scimitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
Greatsword? I would think a two-handed wielding dervish would use a Falchion... it's the two-handed version of the scimitar.
Fighters by default start with a greatsword but since this is an FR game, I chose my bonus equipment to be a masterwork longsword. That's probably a lot easier to handle.

Hey so we just ended up in our first dungeon crawl at level 8-12 party, And guess what our rouges don't have more than 4 ranks in disable divice. Any sugestions for assistance, We can cast up to 4th lvl. cleric spells and 5lvl. wizard spells. We are sort of stuck so we can't purchase any new items. Any advise?

P.S. the checks are all DC 25+

Why exactly do they not have more? What spells do you have?

P.S. If possible, have them retrain their skills. Open Lock, Move Silently, Disable Device, Spot, Search, Use Magic Device. The rogue is the skill monkey, if they don't have skills covered, they are really filling their end of the bargain unless they are filling another role.