What's the best setting to start Undying? - Myth-Weavers

Notices

What's the best setting to start Undying?

What's the best setting to start Undying?

Ok, so I can't get this game out of my head! I've started to put together templates for each of the playbooks–here's The Nightmare to get the juices flowing:

So, if I were to run it, what setting would be the most interesting to start? Are there any real/fictitious events and locations that would excite you?

I should probably note that there's often decades or even centuries of Downtime between sessions of Nightly Play, so it's fairly quick and easy to jump from any period in the past to another in the future. And please don't feel like you have to stop at one suggestion, post as many as you like here. @Driftglass, @Gris, thought I'd tag you cos you've previously expressed interest

Here's a list of periods straight out of the book to spark some ideas:

If you're wondering what Undying is all about, here are some links–

Okay I want to throw an idea out of left field and suggest Vampires of Vvardenfell. Did you ever play Morrowind?

You bet, I love ES! And a very intriguing idea!

Undying is pretty flexible so with a few custom lore moves and a little pliability wrt ES canon, I'm fairly certain it's doable. Thanks @Bribes!

Any other good ideas out there?

Just read through the rules set for the first time. Looks fantastic. Give me time to digest this and I'll be back to participate more meaningfully.

I'd be willing to unlive with Vvanderfell--even though I'm unfamiliar with the source material, a Google search turned up lots of interest, but I'd prefer a variant of one of the original periods. Classical, to be specific, but not in Rome itself. In Carthage after the second Punic War (Which made it clear that it was just a matter of time before they got overrun by brute force by the cultureless thugs across the Mediterranean in Rome).

I picture the prey, still fat from their conquests of West North Africa and Spain, but clearly doomed--those with foresight seeking only to secure as much of their wealth as possible while fleeing the doomed empire for...pretty much anywhere else, while the others fall to decadence and depravity, hoping to enjoy as much as they can before the hammer falls. Predators could have a lot to work with there.

Oooh, I like that a lot! Thanks @Djinnoxide!!

I'd still like to get a few more ideas out there before we make our final decision, so please keep them coming everyone, but that's a really good one! And if anyone else out there likes it too, please let us know

Last call, if you've got any more ideas, please post them here asap, thanks