Catastrophic Failure - Page 11 - Myth-Weavers

Catastrophic Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philocrates View Post
...a single blip? You call losing six months of Profanity Removed data sitewide for every user a blip? A BLIP?

"the work that he's put into the site EVERY BLEEDING DAY"

Shame that work didn't include CHECKING TO MAKE SURE BACK UPS WERE BEING MADE FOR SIX MONTHS.

y u heff to be mad? Is only game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural19 View Post
You are responsible for your own data. You relied on someone else for all of your sheets, and you just whine when they make an honest mistake? Take responsibility for your own shortcomings like Rodrigo has.
He's running a service. A service he gets money from via ads and donations. He failed in running that service. Not some simple failure either, which you people keep acting like it is.

HE DIDN'T CHECK TO MAKE SURE BACK UPS WERE BEING MADE FOR SIX GOD DAMN MONTHS.

Quote:
...a single blip? You call losing six months of Profanity Removed data sitewide for every user a blip? A BLIP?

Shame that work didn't include CHECKING TO MAKE SURE BACK UPS WERE BEING MADE FOR SIX MONTHS.
I'm pretty sure someone said if you get to 1000 posts, it will bring all our data back.

Seriously though, what is your complaining actually doing other than wasting space here? Please just fade back into obscurity...

It's kind of irritating, to me, to see people say that this isn't the worst case scenario, because for some of us it is. I have one game that I run that will be devastated by this and one game that might falter because of it. Because I advocated for the use of this site's resources. I'm glad that for some of you this wasn't the worst outcome, that your forum posts were preserved but I think that in the future I may look for some alternatives.

Personally, I had my sheet open in a tab, and only lost a character from a game I'm no longer in. A shame, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. The rest of the people in my game might have more trouble, but I was keeping track of inventory, so probably the only thing lost is other character's gold. We were super low-wealth, no big deal.

That said, this is a pretty significant Profanity Removed and while I'm not going to freak out about it, something concrete to show that this won't happen again going forward would be appreciated.

And just a side note, I see people here dismissing the above angry guy because he hasn't posted on the forums. I have never posted on these forums. Until this year I don't even think I knew there were forums. I've still been using this site as a sheet repository for, I don't know, 8-9 years for IRL games, games over instant messenger, or games over roll20. Don't discount the voices of people who only use a part of the services on offer here, especially when that part of the service was what was affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianV View Post
I'm pretty sure someone said if you get to 1000 posts, it will bring all our data back.

Seriously though, what is your complaining actually doing other than wasting space here? Please just fade back into obscurity...
Seriously tho, what is your Rudeness Removed and telling him he didn't do anything wrong doing other than getting you suck up points?

Vitriol direct at me is fine, I deserve it.

It is not fine to call other members trolls just for not having been part of the community, nor is it fine to call other people idiots for not being as up in arms.

Quote:

I call it a simple mistake, yes. The man's not infallible. He had a failsafe. It failed. That's not his fault. Is it a warning to be more careful in the future? Yes. Is it an excuse to be an entitled ass and rip into him when he is obviously very apologetic and spent hours of his own free time trying to fix as much as he could? No, it isn't.

Again, if you're that angry, you could always leave. Print off some sheets and keep paper files. Or use a different site. Maybe even one that you actually pay for that's run by a full-time team of dozens of people and not one nice guy with a passion for gaming so you can actually be validated in being so drastically upset. You are evidently deeply unhappy with this site, despite all the love and work that go into it, so why keep putting yourself through the sheer misery of posting here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djinnoxide View Post
Did you back up your data, or were you counting on someone else to do that for you?
Yo, how do we export sheets from the site to a file? I totally would have been doing that if I knew there was a mechanism for it.

I kind of just lost like over 50 NPC sheets for a game I've been preparing over the last week or so.