General Discussion - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

That was my ccc game Lumen was talking about. Adjudicating illusions is always tricky, I welcome any other DMs input in my ooc thread if you think Im missing something or mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Ogre View Post
Greetings, everyone! I am strongly considering making a Lawful Evil character for AL games. The way evil is being spun in 5e -- as a measure of selfishness -- it seems workable. I have some ideas, but I'm looking for any kind of feedback or suggestions for playing a LE character that is actually a valuable member of a party.
The character I've been dumping DM Rewards into is LE. And like you, I'm itching to try him out and get my evil alignment on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popestar View Post
The character I've been dumping DM Rewards into is LE. And like you, I'm itching to try him out and get my evil alignment on!
Oh cool! Glad to know I'm not the only one considering this. What I have so far is a Lawful Evil Hobgoblin Wizard, styled after the hobgoblin Devastators described in Volo's guide. His abbreviated background is that he was trained as a Devastator, but his clan got wiped out on his very first major battle. Now he adventures for power, glory, and redemption, hoping to someday return triumphant to his people. Personality-wise, he's direct and polite (like most hobgoblins); honorable, but thinks of his own goals first and foremost.

Any thoughts? Yay? Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonabhan View Post
Its too bad you cant do 2 extra books - I would love to play a hobgoblin samurai
I was wondering about that. Are you limited to two books only during creation? For example, I want my goliath barbarian (PHB+Elemental Evil Player's Companion) to follow the Path of the Ancestral Guardian from XGE once he hits level 3. Is that not allowed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Ogre View Post
I was wondering about that. Are you limited to two books only during creation? For example, I want my goliath barbarian (PHB+Elemental Evil Player's Companion) to follow the Path of the Ancestral Guardian from XGE once he hits level 3. Is that not allowed?
I believe the only thing that can ever be from a third book is background. Thats why I went human for my ancestral Bbn

That is correct. All mechanics can come from PHB and one other source. Backgrounds are not as limited, but the background equipment and skills must come from one of the two sources. The flavor can be anything.

So the PHB +1 applies throughout the character’s life? That’s too bad. I’ll need to reconsider some things.

Yup, though I have seen a few rewards that let you rebuild a character, so if something came out later that had both goliath and that path in the same book, maybe theres hope...