Your true destiny awaits.

Old Oct 16 '17, 8:44am
Young Adult Dragon

Your true destiny awaits.

A Dark Age - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Nov 30 '17
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Hi everybody, I'm The Lost Player. This is for my gestalt level 20 game A Dark age. I know I am still new here but hope we can all have fun. So this game will follow an already established group of world saving hero's. This will be a gestalt game and hopefully only really plan on going about ten levels.

The PC's believe or were led to believe they were chosen to defeat a powerful necromancer. This was done but something still does not seem right. The feeling that their final destiny has not come to pass yet.

Game Description:

For twenty years the land of Valindor was besieged by the Necromancer Theselar and his undead army. During the tenth year of the war you had a strange dream. You stood at the old circle of stones in Calderon with four shades and heard a voice call out.

"You have been chosen, go forth across Valindor and gather the people to fight the evil of Theselar for you will need the strength of all the land in times to come."

The four shades turned out be others like you. Chosen by the gods.

It was you and your companions who united the people and led them to victory against the Necromancer. In the end you six faced off against him in his tower as the armies of Valindor fought Theselars undead army outside. In the end the Necromancers magics failed him and he fell to you and your fellows.

That was one year ago. You spent the last year traveling be honored in almost every way by the people's of Valindor. The king of Rhalin even bequeathed you the old castle at Banister and governorship of the territory to do with as you five see fit. Finally you have leave from all the pomp and circumstance of royal courts and noble houses.

wow... so many apps incoming!

That's an understatement - it's gonna get flooded, FAST. Hope you're up for the challenge of picking out your players from the swarm, Lost...

Welp....... jumping into the tsunami of applicants now cause 20th level gestalt...... why the hell not.

All right. This looks cool, but, I notice that a) you are quite new to the site, b) you are running a L20 gestalt game and c) you plan on "only" going for ten levels.

Now this does not in itself mean anything but can you tell us what experience you have (if any) - as a DM in general but also I guess for PbP and/or for high-level/high-powered games? I mean, even if it's zero, well, good on you I say - but this does seem like a pretty ambitious undertaking so before getting all excited I just want to get a bit of a better feel for what to expect.

I would echo also the question about power level someone has asked in the actual questions thread (maybe I should have asked this there, actually) and, really, what do you expect from a high-level/high-powered game? Is this just the L20 version of your regular dungeon crawl, or are we pulling out all the crazy high-level stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
All right. This looks cool, but, I notice that a) you are quite new to the site, b) you are running a L20 gestalt game and c) you plan on "only" going for ten levels.

Now this does not in itself mean anything but can you tell us what experience you have (if any) - as a DM in general but also I guess for PbP and/or for high-level/high-powered games? I mean, even if it's zero, well, good on you I say - but this does seem like a pretty ambitious undertaking so before getting all excited I just want to get a bit of a better feel for what to expect.

I would echo also the question about power level someone has asked in the actual questions thread (maybe I should have asked this there, actually) and, really, what do you expect from a high-level/high-powered game? Is this just the L20 version of your regular dungeon crawl, or are we pulling out all the crazy high-level stuff?
Fair enough. You don't know me from the next guy. I have been playing D&D for almost 20 years. Mostly 3.5 and pathfinder as of late. I have done PBP on other sites.

Yeah, I have no problem with new people (and indeed, new people to the site are not necessarily new to D&D or to PbP), I just find it's worth asking when something so ambitious shows up - there have been several times where someone has posted something that looks awesome but it quickly falls apart as they realise that they bit off more than they can chew. Just having even thought about it a bit is usually enough to stop that happening.

Okay well, I plan to run only this game for now and that is part of the reason I am only going ten levels. Maintaining an epic game like this is hard enough as is. Epic gets wonky after about level thirty with what you can actually do so I figured a ten level epic game would be good.

I mean... Epic gets wonky after about L15, but yeah, I know what you mean.