Heroes Without Borders

WtC: Heroes Without Borders - Forum
Fate/Fudge
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Recruiting Ronin Angels

A Wearing the Cape Game
The Story

The Premise

The story takes place in the Wearing the Cape universe, where, after a world wide Event, superpowers started appearing. The characters have joined a team dedicated to providing aid to those trapped in disaster areas and war zones. They will brave the deadly intent of Mother Nature and have to protect themselves and their charges from the wraith of other breakthroughs.

Things will pick up on the team's first mission together. A terrible storm is wrecking havoc in Costa Rica and Heroes Without Borders is deploying the team to create a safe zone However, the storm is suspected to be the work of a supervillain, Tropical Razor, and this will put them right into his sights.

It should be noted that this game will be using the Wearing the Cape RPG, which has several differences from standard Fate Core. For the necessary information regarding changes to character creation, check out my Character Creation Guidelines.

The Game

Who is running this show?

Head-GM: Me (Chee)

I won't lie to you, I'm not the best GM. I'm still learning and that means I am going to make some mistakes. There is no 'if' there. I can be dense and slow, take lefts when I should be going right, and trip over my own feet. But when I do, I listen to complaints and suggestions. I'm open to change and can even smile through the pain.

I'm going to school, working a full-time job (and a second part time job), and have truly crappy luck (just ask anybody). There are going to be times where I am slow on the post rates, but I try to keep it to at least once every three days (I'm usually much better than that).

I'm a big fan of superheroes. I am, after all, a nerd. X-men, Heroes, My Hero Academia, Worm, and so on have inspired me. Most recently, I read the whole Wearing the Cape series and have found myself charmed. Hence, game.

If you want to talk with me, you can hit me up via PM or you can track me down on Myth-weavers Discord, where I'm usually creeping around. Generally speaking, Discord is the fastest way to get a hold of me.

What I'm looking for in the Players:

*Players must be willing to read my guidelines and other material and be willing to play by them
*Players must be willing to participate in team, world, and character building activities
*The ability to post at least once per three days.

Wearing the Cape RPG is a system based around narration, the GM's and the Players'. The player must be willing to contribute to the ongoing story, not just sitting and reacting to it. Players are expected to be descriptive of their character's actions, thoughts, and presence. Single sentences just will not cut it.

Cooperation matters. Players will be expected to not only interact with the GM, but with the other players. That includes discussing party actions and expectations, roleplaying together, character interactions, and so on. If you are a lone wolf and don't want to work with other players, then this isn't the game for you.

Absence Policy: Real life happens. If something comes up and you can't post, tell me. I understand. If you are taking a vacation or are going to be away from the internet for a time, tell me. I won't hold it against you. If you disappear without a word and don't post within a week or two, your character gets retired and I boot you so that I can start looking for a replacement.

Characters

What I'm looking for in Characters:

*Interesting, Dynamic, Active people
*Can't Be Evil.
*Can't be full blown psychopaths or sociopaths
*Be three dimensional, aka not Mary Sues or cardboard cutouts.
*Can't be a straight up copy of a famous character (no Super Boys)
*Be INTERESTING, for Pete's sake

To sum all that up, I want organic, original characters. Characters with dreams, goals, and interests. They should actively be trying to play an active part in the game's issues. Which means they should be at least trying to be a good guy. They are active in their own lives, not just sitting around waiting for stuff to happen to them. I want characters that will grow and change as the story progresses, and not just in a mechanical sense.

The primary theme of this game is going to be heroism. Saving people's lives, stopping the Bad Guy, and doing the right thing for the right reasons. Its a little cheesy, sure, but my goal is to move away from grimdark, and the PCs need to play into that.

All the character creation details and specifics can be found on the Character Creation Guidelines on the game forum, found here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=412682

How to Apply

The ad will run like this:

Step 1: Follow the link and look over the Character App Process: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=413283

Step 2: To start your application, post your App in the thread over here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthr...8#post12803958

Step 3: When you finish filling out the Form, state so here in the ad

Step 4: Once I look over your pitch, I will usually have a series of questions to hit you with. I'll post those here, in the ad.

Conclusion

To wrap things up...

*I'm looking for 3-6 players
*The Deadline for this ad will be the 16th of October

*All questions, commentary, ooc stuff, anything other than the Forms themselves will take place here, in the Ad*

Game Description:

The Lone Halo squad was one of the most legendary teams in the Heroes Without Borders organization. Formed soon after the Event, the name has seen a lot of action. They have been involved in major disaster zones and some of the most dangerous war zones, saving countless lives. However, five years ago the team suffered harsh losses, causing HWBs to retire the name.

An initiative led by the team's former second in command has gotten the team reinstated. Funded by a private donation, a new HQ and barracks have been set up in Florida, specifically for Lone Halo. Heroes Without Borders has put out feelers not just in the US, but across all the countries HWB operates within. The team is getting rebuilt, and its going to be better than ever. Or, at least, that's the hope. There are lives at stake across the world, its time to step up.

"Because I'm not a filthy peasant, you heathen."

Last edited by Nathan; Oct 4 '17 at 1:03am..
Why post the questions in the ad?

Because it keeps my ad from dropping off the edge of the world and because its harder for me to forget to answer. I'm absolutely horrible about keeping up with PMs.

EDIT: It also lets other people see what's going on and in some cases provide feedback that I wouldn't think of.

If questions get posted in the ad, then they get answered in the ad so more people will see them. Also it shows you read the ad. And so that people aren't asking questions in twelve different places.

Makes sense

Also sorry to double post but I have my app up c:

Dark, you should take another look at the Application process now that its actually finished.

Okay I made the proper changes and additions to the sheet. It is now ready for round two of GM perusal

So I got a question. In the app process you discribe, that each cape has a costume.
But would it be viable to have a character that doesn´t wear one and does simply get rid of his top? The unique emblem would in that case be a tattoo on his body.
I just ask, because I found a picture I am really fond of, shown here.
Initially I thought that would be possible, considering the look of Blackstone.

But if you give me a no, I would adjust accordingly.

Finished Chee.